PDA

View Full Version : PFD Showing Alt Disagree

Ray Proudfoot
05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi,

I'm running build 500 of the PFD, CDU and MCP. Despite correctly setting QNH the orange warning ALT DISAGREE remains on the PFD below the altitude strip. Even when switching to STD altimeter pressure it remains.

I've looked through the PM readme files and can find no reference to this warning. Does anyone know what is causing it? I'd ask on the PM forum but Enrico has decided to close that and you have to raise a ticket for everything. :(

Delphi
05-12-2013, 12:25 PM
ALT DISAGREE appears if the altitude difference of the CPT PFD and FO PFD is more that ~ 200ft for more that (I guess) 5 sec.
The only thing you have to do is to set the Baro of the CPT PFD and FO PFD to the same value.

Ruediger

vist: Flying the Winglets (http://www.flying-the-winglets.de)

Ray Proudfoot
05-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks Delphi.

I don't have the FO display, only the CPT. is there a setting I shoukld change in PFD.INI to reflect that?

Delphi
05-12-2013, 01:44 PM
My experience is based on a CPT + FO configuration. I do not have an answer for a single CPT configuration. Maybe someone else can answer this specific question.

Ruediger

Ray Proudfoot
05-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks Ruediger. I have raised a ticket on the PM website. I tried changing some settings in PFD.INI but it made no difference. I've never had this issue in 10 years of running PM.

Roger
05-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Hi Ray,

Did you every sort out this problem. I have the same set up as you and since also installing build 500 I have the same problem.
PM support seems to have died!!

Roger

Peter Dowson
05-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi Ray,

I answered this a while back by email, but here's one answer for those others who may be interested:

It's nice to see that Enrico is still actually adding the details! I don't think we should really tell him off for making things more authentic.

If you’ve only got one BARO knob then all you need is a little Lua plug in to copy one value to the other:

function copybaro(offset, value)
ipc.writeUW(0x552E, value)
end
event.offset(0x0330, "UW", "copybaro")

Save that as, say "FOBaro.lua" and run it by an [Auto] section listing a macro to execute it, e.g.

1=Lua FOBaro

Regards
Pete

Ray Proudfoot
05-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi Roger,

Still no response from Enrico but thanks to Pete I now have a solution. I've found that it's necessary to assign a command to a key to equalize the pressure on both PFDs otherwise you still get the dreaded ALT DISAGREE display.

I used the R key and this is the entry in FSUIPC.INI...

[Keys]
2=82,8,L3:R,0

Hi Pete,

I have no problem with Enrico making PM more realistic but he really does need to mention these things in the documentation otherwise how are we to know what has changed. There is no mention of this in the PFD readme for release 500. But he also need to cater for those of us who don't have the FO software. I've suggested that to him on my ticket.

Incidentally, am I the only one seeing a Flight Control display on the PFD requiring me to move elevator, ailerons and rudder before it disappears? It doesn't appear configurable and is becoming annoying. I perform those checks before taxi so don't need the software to demand I do it.

Peter Dowson
05-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Still no response from Enrico but thanks to Pete I now have a solution. I've found that it's necessary to assign a command to a key to equalize the pressure on both PFDs otherwise you still get the dreaded ALT DISAGREE display.

The Lua plug-in I showed above will run forever once started, and simply keep changes in the Captains BARO setting copied to the FO side. You should NOT keep re-running it as that will kill the thread and create a new one each time. Not a good idea when it is totally unnecessary.

Just use the [Auto] section I mentions, in the FSUIPC INI file, in order to make the plug-in run when FS is ready, and it will keep running thereafter.

I'm sure we sorted this out on the 'phone earlier?

I used the R key and this is the entry in FSUIPC.INI...

[Keys]
2=82,8,L3:R,0

That is unlikely to work on anyone else's system in any case unless the Lua plug-in concerned was listed as number 3 in the Lua files list in the INI. These sorts of assignments are simply not transferable.

If you insist on pressing a key each time to synchronise the values rather than have it automatic, then the Plug-in should be re-written as:

value = ipc.readUW(0x0330)
ipc.writeUW(0x552E, value)

That's it, just those two lines. Then it will just copy the value over when you run it and you will need a key or button to run it each time, as you apparently want to do.

Incidentally, am I the only one seeing a Flight Control display on the PFD requiring me to move elevator, ailerons and rudder before it disappears? It doesn't appear configurable and is becoming annoying. I perform those checks before taxi so don't need the software to demand I do it.

Do you mean on the ND? If so that's an option which Enrico did, by mistake, have enabled by default in one release, but rectified it within a day of me reporting it. Maybe the option got set the wrong way in the INI by that release and stayed that way on your PC? It wouldn't happen here because my "startup" script re-copies all INI's from my updates store before anything is run, each time I power up the cockpit.

Regards
Pete

Delphi
05-21-2013, 03:01 AM
Ray,
I had the same issue with build 500 regarding the Flight Control display on the EICAS. Enrico replied to my ticket as following:

Edit the PFD.INI file and set:

DoCst=Off

It is towards the end of the ini file... check whether it is set to off, exit the program and it saves.

Regards

Ruediger

Vist: Flying the Winglets (http://www.flying-the-winglets.de)

Ray Proudfoot
05-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Hi Pete,

I shall leave the R key alone and hopefully it won't be necessary to use it. I appreciate it was unique to my system.

Thanks for the tip Ruediger. :grin:

Ray Proudfoot
05-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Gents,

Enrico has provided GC501A which provides an extra parameter in the INI for those of us who don't have the FO software.

Set NOALTDISAGREE=On to disable the warning.