PDA

View Full Version : SIOC script

akhilkumar3970
05-08-2013, 03:53 AM
Hello everyone
I have the Open cockpits USB stepper motor card, a stepper motor, an optical switch and a slide potentiometer. However i was wondering if you could help me in generating a SIOC script for the motion platform i have created as shown below (the stepper motor connected at the end of the ballscrrew is not shown).
I have the linear slide potentiometer to ensure that when i restart FSX, the ballscrew goes back to its starting point. A general description of how I want it to work is given below:

1) If the airspeed is <or equal="" to="" 160="" knots,="" no="" change="" in="" the="" stepper="" motor.
2) If the airspeed is >160 but less than 230, the stepper should turn 180 degrees x6 times.
3) If airspeed is >230 but less than 400, the stepper should turn (270degrees more than the previous one)
4) While taxiing and just before landing, the stepper motor should turn (180degrees x 12times)
5) When Fsx restrats, rotate the stepper motor (anti-clockwise), so that potentiometer value goes back to zero.

I know there is a conflict between statement 1 and 4, but my stepper motor is attached to a linear platform with springs. The more the number of turns, the longer the spring expands and harder it becomes to move the rudder pedals. I hope you understand what I require to simulate. I m new to sioc, so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Akhil</or>

akhilkumar3970
05-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Hello everyone
I have the Open cockpits USB stepper motor card, a stepper motor, an optical switch and a slide potentiometer. However i was wondering if you could help me in generating a SIOC script for the motion platform i have created as shown below (the stepper motor connected at the end of the ballscrrew is not shown).
http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/uploads/gallery/album_52/sml_gallery_1739_52_389498.jpg (http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/gallery/image/477-imag04451/)

I have the linear slide potentiometer to ensure that when i restart FSX, the ballscrew goes back to its starting point. A general description of how I want it to work is given below:

1) If the airspeed is <or equal to 160 knots, no change in the stepper motor.
2) If the airspeed is >160 but less than 230, the stepper should turn 180 degrees x6 times.
3) If airspeed is >230 but less than 400, the stepper should turn (270degrees more than the previous one)
4) While taxiing and just before landing, the stepper motor should turn (180degrees x 12times)
5) When Fsx restrats, rotate the stepper motor (anti-clockwise), so that potentiometer value goes back to zero.

I know there is a conflict between statement 1 and 4, but my stepper motor is attached to a linear platform with springs. The more the number of turns, the longer the spring expands and harder it becomes to move the rudder pedals. I hope you understand what I require to simulate. I m new to sioc, so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Akhil