PDA

View Full Version : Lost Sceneryfiles on load up

SKYWARRIOR
04-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi,
I have recently downloaded some mega scenery of Washington state USA. This is fine except I needed to remove some to retain some space until a much larger SSD was aquired. This has now come and is up and running. I have re installed the scenery files which I removed and they appear to be K when flying except one. However when I start MSFSX just before it has loaded it says that a list of files is missing.
How do I correct this. Do I dump the existin cfg file and sfx makes up a new one or will I lose some settings n doing this ?

Any help very welcome

Thank you

David

Simaviator13
04-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Hello David,

It sounds to me like your scenery.cfg file is confused and has bad or invalid entry's. I have seen this issue myself in some cases when adding or removing scenery a blank entry can get added causing the error. Or the sequential order of scenery gets mis-numbered in the CFG. Before beginning to correct this I would notate the scenery numbers from the errors so you can identify which ones are the culprit.

You will notice that FSX places a scenery.cfg file in many locations, but the one you want to look at is housed under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX (thats a win7 path btw).

Open up the cfg file from the above path, first I would scroll to the bottom and if you have a blank entry I would delete it. You also want to check the numbering and sure each area is sequentially numbered.

Have a look at this:
Add on scenery error pop up on FSX start up - SimForums.com Discussion (http://www.simforums.com/forums/add-on-scenery-error-pop-up-on-fsx-start-up_topic42266.html)

I hope this gets you started on a path to correct the errors. If you cannot correct the errors based on my post, please share with me your scenery.cfg file and I can take a look.

Thanks,
SimAviator13