PDA

View Full Version : How to make the lettering on panels?

z06z33
04-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to do the lettering on my panels I want to back light them aswell so far what I've done is printed out the parts I want and place them on the mip and lay plexi over them but this doesn't look that good I guess I need a CNC machine but I dont have one of those. Does anyone make custom panels? Or better yet know how to do the lettering?

tiburon
04-13-2013, 03:37 AM
Manolo of Hispapanels makes any panel you like, very reasonable priced too.

D_Dragon
04-13-2013, 05:21 AM
Checkout this part on my site (Temp | Thair, we fly you Thair (http://thair.nl/eng/?cat=17)). I did it with sticky letters before spray painting the panels. After that you have to remove the sticky letters again.

Greetings,

Theo.

Westozy
04-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Hi there, in my pre CNC days I made quite a few panels using the home printer which were reasonably successful and I wrote a four page article on how I did it which was published in Computer Pilot magazine. If you send me an email at gwyn737(at)live.com.au I will forward you the article in MS Word format!

Cheers Gwyn

hyamesto
04-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Westozy:
Why not publish the document in the tutorials section?
I´m always looking for new knowledge and techniques.
And I think anyone in this forum will be grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Horacio.

jnr641802
04-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Checkout this part on my site (Temp | Thair, we fly you Thair (http://thair.nl/eng/?cat=17)). I did it with sticky letters before spray painting the panels. After that you have to remove the sticky letters again.

Greetings,

Theo.

Theo using sticky letters is also how I did mine as my sim is based;) on 747-400 so it's not that easy to get panels but also I wanted to make them all myself anyway and it is extremely cost effective albeit time consuming and patience is required.The overhead took about 2-3 weeks to make/fully install(inputs only) inc backlighting.

regards Jim