PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland - new 767 arduino based project

mdbroon
04-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Hi guys, i've been a member of this site for quite a while now but this is my first post. I am currently studying Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Glasgow and in my spare time since xmas i have been building an MCP to be used with the Level D 767. it is still a work in progress but is starting to take shape. It is based on the arduino mega board and interfaces to the flightsim using the excellent FSCONV and a small VB program i wrote (I tried using lekseecon_f but it didn't update the displays as quickly, i'm probably missing something) Here is a picture of it as it looks just now
It is still a work in progress, especially in making it look good lol but it is getting there. i plan on starting a build thread showing how i have done everything and add my code and stuff as i know there are quite a lot of people starting to use the arduino boards, but i'm not sure what section it is best to put it in.
This project is all about budget. Being a poor student, i am always skint and have to save some beer tokens as well haha, so far i have spent around £50 -£60 on this so its not too hard on the wallet.
Any advice or hints etc would be much appreciated, also feel free to ask questions and stuff but i have exams coming up in a couple of weeks so might take a wee while to respond.
And thanks for having an awesome site it has helped me with just about everything i got stuck on.
Also would like to thank Jim as his link2fs program insipred me to start this!
Cheers
Mark
Cheers

Geremy Britton
04-09-2013, 04:38 PM
sounds like a great project Mark, i'm very impressed with what you've achieved with the money spent.
Well done,

Best of luck with the project...

lmiksche
04-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Hi Mark,
Im currently living in Hamilton and i love flying and want to build 737NG simulator. I just build new PC for the job and should start getting some stuff as the MCP panel for the simulator next month. I wonder if u could use new friend that is enthusiastic about the flying as well... :-)