PDA

View Full Version : 737 Cockpit HUD

OmniAtlas
03-30-2013, 07:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pb8DPz1_KA

Interesting to actually see this implemented.

Do you guys have any idea how he overlayed the NGX HUD onto the glass?

nolatron
03-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't think he's putting anything on the glass. It's just for show. The glass hinge has a micro switch that the triggers the hud to appear on screen or turn off.

You can see the hud disappear when he starts to flip it up.

OmniAtlas
03-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Ah yeah, I missed the last part of the video.

Would be great if someone actually implemented a real-life HUD in their home cockpit!

choffmann
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Actually I am in the process to build a Hud system. I use a semitransparent glas formed in the shape of the real combiner and use a simple Tft monitor placed ca 20 cm behind the combiner. First results are encouraging. However I wont go into further detail until I built the system into my new shell. The cost for the combiner glas is about 60 Euros.

Regards
Chris

OmniAtlas
03-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Keep us updated Chris!
How are you extracting the HUD data?
afaik the ngx and ifly are the only models with the HUD system.

choffmann
03-31-2013, 05:17 PM
I use PM software. In GC there is a HUD option en lieu de PFD.
Cheers
Chris

andyb1949
10-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Actually I am in the process to build a Hud system. I use a semitransparent glas formed in the shape of the real combiner and use a simple Tft monitor placed ca 20 cm behind the combiner. First results are encouraging. However I wont go into further detail until I built the system into my new shell. The cost for the combiner glas is about 60 Euros.

Regards
Chris

Hi I am also looking at building a HUD can you give me any details of how you managed to build yours. This would be much appreciated Andy

choffmann
02-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi Andy
I know it is a little late of a reply to your post. Nevertheless, go to my homepage at
Www.virtualpilot.jimdo.com
and you will find a subpage with the details I have collected so far.
Hopefully I can manage more progress and eventual completion of the thing.
Regards
Chris

choffmann
04-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Here is a little progress I made with my HUD System.
First of all it was painstaking to build a fairly recognisable overhead unit. It is wooden and preliminary fitted with plexi, later I will replace the plexi with my beam splitter glass.
The most difficult Problem I have is to align the projected HUD imagery with the outside world. As you know, in Microsoft´s FS the straight down Vision is somewhat to the right. The glass, however, is positioned in line with your straight view.
I am sure there is a workaround for this. I will keep you updated.