PDA

View Full Version : Not sure whether to get a home cockpit?

GodAtum
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi all,

I am been a FSX user for many years but using a basic yoke, pedals and mouse. I think its a good time to upgrade my simming expereince. However I'm not sure if it will fit my flying style. I fly mainly the PMDG 737NGX, 747 and soon to be 777. I also fly GA when the mood takes me. So I am looking for a generic home cockpit that covers all of those.

I really like the look of FDS Jetmax 737, it looks amazing! Maybe I could get that without the MCP and put the CP 747 MCP in. Then map the 2 throttles to 4 engines to cover the 747.

Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated :D

madmardigan
07-06-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm in the same boat myself. As I've gotten older I seem to have less time to mess with FS in general, so I tend to use GA aircraft more (and the fact that ORBx's scenery is nothing short of amazing). Although, having a functioning jet cockpit in the house opens up a new dimension to the whole deal, making it much more of a social endeavor.

Sounds like the best thing for both of us to do is a ton of research into what other people have done as I'm sure 75% of the folks out there had the same concern. Have fun!