PDA

View Full Version : Which company produces the most accurate glareshield/wings?

OmniAtlas
01-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Flight Deck Solution --

Flyengravity:

Or Sismo:

They all look different!

tennyson57
01-10-2013, 09:55 AM
I married my FDS wings into the Engravity glareshields.

It was a labour of love and I wouldn't do it again, but I have the clock button and the FDS 6packs in the nice engravity shields, so it was worth it, for me.

Frank Cooper

birdyguy
01-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I married my FDS wings into the Engravity glareshields.

but I have the clock button

Frank Cooper

Hi Frank

by clock button, do you mean the clock that comes with, say the FDS Jetmax for instance or the one on thier site that lists for 499.00. If so, I'd be curious to know more about it.

Ed

Philb737
01-10-2013, 01:54 PM
No,
He's talking about the one on the glareshild wings. Look at the FDS picture on the first post above, and you'll see them at each end of the glearwings.
Cheers
Phil

birdyguy
01-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I had no clue what that was for.

Thanks Phil

tennyson57
01-11-2013, 03:04 AM
Phil is right. I meant the button that you can use to action the clock.

Here they are all finished and attached to the MIP. I still had to install the fds units to them, but this is basically how they ended up.

Frank Cooper

OmniAtlas
01-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Would you go Flyengravity MIP+ glareshield/wings then Frank? Their design looks top notch, the only issue is their desktop range does not hae an MIP stand/cdu bay. I am also attracted to the CP Flight ICS which does not require any wiring, just plug and play.

kermit
01-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Flyengravity has a Mipstand with an cdu bay but only for the pro serie ,
on the engravity site there are people that have ordered a stand and mounted the desktop Mip to it
regards Henk

OmniAtlas
01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Hi Henk, do you have a link to a thread discussing the mounting of the desktop series to the MIP Stand? I can't seem to find any information.

I have e-mailed flyengravity but it has been 2 weeks and I still do not have a response.

CO735
01-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Henk, do you have a link to a thread discussing the mounting of the desktop series to the MIP Stand? I can't seem to find any information.

I have e-mailed flyengravity but it has been 2 weeks and I still do not have a response.

Just happened to see this and thought I would comment.

I have the desktop MIP by Engravity and have built a MIP stand for it out of MDF. I can't take credit for the design though, as I used the plans laid out here: MIP stand / lower panels | (http://www.flightdeck737.be/hardware/mip/mip-stand-met-lower-panels/)

It worked a real treat for me with little to no issues. If you browse the site above, a lot of good little tips and tricks.

Matt

OmniAtlas
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi, thanks for the link Matt. Unfortunately I do not have the tools necessary to make a stand at this stage so I am looking for more of a ready-made solution.

I found this interesting website -- GOLD MEDAL (http://www.goldmedalsimparts.com/default.asp?lang=en_UK) ; they make MDF parts for flight simulators.