PDA

View Full Version : AIR SPEED SETTIG?

manhattan
12-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi Folks.

I have an older Go-Flight Auto Pilot, and the "IAS/MACH" function does not seem to do anything? Is it supposed to maintain a selected airspeed which I need for the 737 I am building? If not, does anyone know what it's for, and how to use it?
If I can't use the autopilot to set speed, is there another way of doing this?

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK

JMorrison
12-30-2012, 02:42 AM
It may sound pretty obvious but A/T must be armed, have you checked it out yet?

manhattan
12-30-2012, 07:07 AM
It may sound pretty obvious but A/T must be armed, have you checked it out yet?

Hello and thanks for your comments.

Having not used this aspect of my autopilot before, I am completely in the dark as to correct procedures! I notice that rotating the IAS/MACH knob applies a setting on the aircrafts Air Speed Indicator but apart from that, there are no indications (lights/sounds) to tell me what's going on? I have tried putting the aircraft in level flight and selected airspeed hold (ctrl+r). and engaged auto throttle (ctrl+shift+g) but the aircraft will not obey any commands?
Is there a specific sequence/procedure to be performed given that I am using the older type (black fronted) autopilot?
Your comments would be gratefully received.

Regards,

TONY. Plymouth UK

JMorrison
12-30-2012, 07:31 AM
CTRL+SHIFT+G is not for Auto-Throttle but for TO/GA switch (unless you modified the default shortcut), you still need to arm the A/T from the MCP.

manhattan
12-30-2012, 07:38 AM
CTRL+SHIFT+G is not for Auto-Throttle but for TO/GA switch (unless you modified the default shortcut), you still need to arm the A/T from the MCP.

Thanks "J" - now sorted!
It turned out that my keyboard was faulty, and would not arm A/T!! To prove the system, I used the mouse.

Thanks for your time.

TONY Plymouth UK