PDA

View Full Version : Multi Monitor Switching on and off

mounty
12-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi,

I am building the Jetmax 737 MIP and am wondering how to turn the MIP monitors off and on as the switches on the monitors will be hidden. Is there a way to write a software program to turn the monitors off and on, or do I just leave them on all the time?

Many Thanks

Rob

AndyCYXU
12-25-2012, 02:45 AM
monitors that i use do remember if they were on or off.. they are old monitors couple of 17" and a 15" i basically hooked them up to a power cord extension that has an on/off switch (fancy name surge protector) like the ones you can buy in CrapyTire or Walmart just basic cheep .. and i can shut them all OFF with this one switch (same as unplugging them), when i flip the switch back on they all go ON like they were before, they all remember their last state and like i said they are old monitors the 15" is 5 years old picked it up from kijijji...
so if the computer is OFF and i flip switch they go to STANDBY POWER, if the COMPUTER is ON they will go ON position when i flip the switch, basically its like plug them all in or out of AC outlet I never have to touch the on/off switch on monitors

Hope it helps
Andy