PDA

View Full Version : UK Supplier for Phidgets LED 64?

brynjames
12-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Are there any UK suppliers for the Phidgets LED64 board? I see this recommended by many builders but can't find a UK or EU supplier.

--
Bryn

AK Mongo
12-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Don't know about your question, but I own an led64 and would seriously consider open cockpits or arduino for LEDs. Both require a little code manipulation, but there are many examples out there to choose from.

brynjames
12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks AK. I was asking about the Phidgets because so many folks seem to recommend them, but it sounds as if you had some problems.

Bryn

AK Mongo
12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
The card is a good product. It is a little pricier than the others, but the hardware is extremely simple to set up. The software interface is a different story. Long story short, I programmed mine with fs2phidget 5. It was pretty powerful, but not incredibly intuitive. The author stopped development on v5 and reverted to v4. It is even less intuitive and other builders have had issues.

Whatever card you choose will have some issues, and there is no plug and play solution. I would just look at a card with more user base and active support.

Your results may vary, but that is my experience.

Reid

DeckerZ
01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I thought ProSim:737 had native support for the PhidgetsLED64 card which means no programming necessary if you choose to run ProSim. Otherwise it sounds like a lot of other cards, you will need to learn at least some scripting, same for Arduino etc....

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Hi Bryn.....
UK Distributor of LED64ADV is Active Robots. Active Robots - Robotics, Control & Electronics Technology (http://www.active-robots.com/)
the last one i got was about £116.
Hope that answers your Q.
Rgds & Happy New Year

Ian