PDA

View Full Version : Prosim737

davemuir
12-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi all
i downloaded prosim but can't seem to get my second computer to connect to the main 737 server
I've looked in the instruction file but when I place my IP address in the display file it doesn't connect
can any one please help -
many thanks
dave

tennyson57
12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Dave,
I'd suggest you head over to the ProSim forum. Their Tech Support is great. There are no shortage of helpful people over there and Hanne and his crew are top notch people who know how to look after their customers.

Frank Cooper

davemuir
12-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks frank I will have forum regardsdaveforum regardsdave

D_Dragon
12-06-2012, 05:05 AM
ProSim737 needs a (registered) FSUIPC version active. But... in the ProSim737 configuration you have to manually enable the use of FSUIPC. I think that is what is troubling you. Indeed the ProSim737 forum is excellent and fast in respones from other users.

Greetings,

Theo.

davemuir
12-12-2012, 09:27 AM
hi all
managed to get it connected to second computer
you have to go to start,run,type in cmd,hit return then type in ipconfig then hit return-this gives you the correct ip address to put into the displays on the second coputer.
just a shame this is not mentioned in the downloaded pdf instructions from prosim it would have save a bit of time
still a very good avionics package from prosim
regards
dave

fsaviator
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
With Prosim, you can also use computer names that way if you use DHCP, the client will always find the server. So, if you're computer was named, say... DAVE-LAPTOP you could put DAVE-LAPTOP into the IP field. The problem with IP addresses is that if you are using DHCP on your network, each time you reboot the system it may have a different IP address.

NedHamilton
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
In your original post you said you put the IP address in the display file. Which IP address had you put into the display file?

nax228
12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
ProSim737 needs a (registered) FSUIPC version active. But... in the ProSim737 configuration you have to manually enable the use of FSUIPC. I think that is what is troubling you. Indeed the ProSim737 forum is excellent and fast in respones from other users.

Greetings,

Theo.

Plane wrong.
If you don't know the answer... don't answer.

D_Dragon
12-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Plane wrong.
If you don't know the answer... don't answer.

You may think that it is wrong, but is my (first) experience with ProSim737 and the guys at the ProSim737 forum had to help me to 'fix' this problem. So I am just trying to help out someone who might have the same (negative) experience. If you don't like that, too bad for you.

Greetings,

Theo.

aeroprado
01-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Hy

I'm finishing my cockpit 737-800, and would like the opinion of you, for Prosim, as seen on the website, various prices, and what should I buy?

thank you very much

davemuir
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi aeroprado
prosim is a very good avionics package .
i have been testing it over the last four weeks but I have been using
3 laptops networked together which isn't a good option as it is a little bit
jerky on the displays.
i have also been testing aerosystem737avionics it's a company in Australia and this software does a lot for the price check it out on their web page ,it's only about 40 pounds and does the same as prosim

Hope that helps
do you have some pictures or a web page of your sim?
I would be very interested in seeing it.
regards
dave

fsaviator
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I would buy the whole suite, plus the model, now.

They are raising the price considerably in February, so if you even think you may want it... I'd buy it now.

ohsirus
01-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Hy

I'm finishing my cockpit 737-800, and would like the opinion of you, for Prosim, as seen on the website, various prices, and what should I buy?

thank you very much

Try the Demo.

D_Dragon
01-19-2013, 06:26 AM
As you say, the website is not clear about what you get and what to buy. I had the same problem and here is the answer you want. Just buy the 'Suite' and you get every module you will need. The only thing that you will have to buy seperate (if you want to) is the Jetstream Flight Model. It is far more superior to the default Boeing 737-800 in FSX and worth every penny.

As you can see in my previous posts the manual also leaves a lot of questions for the novice user, but they are working on a new (far better version) of this manual. Above this they have a great website with a lot of people willing to help you. If I were you I would spend my money (again) on ProSim737.

Speaking about money. If you really want to buy this product you'd better hurry. As from february 1st they will up their prices (in fact they will double their prices and it is still worth every penny / euro).

I hope this will give you some clearity and helps you make up your mind.

Greetings,

Theo.

claushansen
01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
I can confirm that Prosim are a great suite.

Have been testing for some months now, and just bougt the suite. It runs perfect, and are very easy to setup and
maintain.

Regards
Claus
Build your own 737 NG home cockpit (http://www.737sim.dk)

aeroprado
01-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi

I had a health problem, and could not respond to everyone, but I really appreciate all the answers, but I still have not bought the ProSim, and informed me that it would double in price to $ 600.00 And, also in another forum , informed me about the AEROSOFT AUSTRALIA, which costs only AU $ 60.00 can someone tell me if it is good too? Li whole site and found very interesting.

home (http://www.aerosoft.com.au/home/home.html)

thank you all

aeroprado
01-31-2013, 05:57 PM
I can confirm that Prosim are a great suite.

Have been testing for some months now, and just bougt the suite. It runs perfect, and are very easy to setup and
maintain.

Regards
Claus
Build your own 737 NG home cockpit (http://www.737sim.dk)

Hi

I had a health problem, and could not respond to everyone, but I really appreciate all the answers, but I still have not bought the ProSim, and informed me that it would double in price to $ 600.00 And, also in another forum , informed me about the AEROSOFT AUSTRALIA, which costs only AU $ 60.00 can someone tell me if it is good too? Li whole site and found very interesting.

home (http://www.aerosoft.com.au/home/home.html)

thank you all

OmniAtlas
02-01-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm sure a competitor will roll along to fill the lower segment cost. Ifly cockpit looks like a good alternative and it supportsost major manufacturers.

VinceT
03-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi Dave,

When you done your testing with aeroSystem737, have you tried to interface it with external hardware like the CDU. If so which brands are you testing with.

Thanks,
Vince

davemuir
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi vince
i am testing pro sim and aerosystems at the moment ,aerosystems uses fsuipc so my open cockpits mcp works ok through fsuipc ,but I'm having a wee problem connecting my mcp to pro sim using sioc script ,I will let you know how I get on on the next week
regards
dave

pshz11
03-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Want kind of problems do you have with MCP? OC MCP was the first unit I have connected to ProSim and it works perfectly. Same with EFIS and FMC.

I were wondering, if demo version of ProSim:737 works with hardware. But later I found, that it does not work without MSFS running (in case of using MSFS). So, finally, I'm not sure about demo, because I bought ProSim before this finding.

VinceT
03-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I have been trying out Prosim and got good result with it. For the Prosim interface with OC MCP, have you set the IOCP Server under Prosim Server, Config, Drivers tab?

I just downloaded the trial version of aeroSystem and see how it interface with my OC CDU.

Regards,
Vince

davemuir
03-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Hi vince,
thanks for your info, is the iop server in prosim my IP address of the computer that's running prosim?
regards
dave