PDA

View Full Version : X-Plane 10 goes 64 bit.

Kennair
11-16-2012, 08:12 PM
X-plane 10 has begun development on a 64 bit version, read the FAQ here (http://www.x-plane.com/?article=x-plane-64-bit-faq). No more out of memory errors and good for higher end systems. I look forward to testing this on my new system.

Ken.

Matt Olieman
11-17-2012, 06:45 AM
I look forward to hear more about this, this is VERY interesting. :)

Thanks Ken...

Matt Olieman

Kennair
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Just updated to the latest 10.20b2 which now contains both the 32bit and 64bit versions of X-Plane. Initial quick test flight on 64bit resulted in my ability to up the render options without much of a hit on frame rates. I was getting regular app crashes with the previous stable release 10.11 whenever I tried to up the render too much however this hasn't been the case with the latest beta. I've recently upgraded my PC so now have a high end system to run all sims so others may have differing results depending on their system however given the 64bit version can access all of your system memory, those with more than 4gb should notice an increase in performance. More testing required obviously but for any X-Plane interested simmers I'd highly recommend giving it a go.

Ken.