PDA

View Full Version : Pmdg 737

kevinE
01-14-2007, 05:14 PM
hi all i am not to sure where to post this on the forums so move it if needed

I love to change back to the PMDG 737-800 and i want to use it with the PM software , i know there was files on the PM site forums for the
PMDG to be used with the PM software.
but i tryed befour to get it working but no luck can some one that has it working with the PM software put up a Tutorial that we all can use so we know what files or to be dumped and whats stays .i think this would be a great idea

kevin

dornier
01-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi Kevin,

I would like to know this issue too. To use PMDG 737NG alone, I can fly it smoothly by its only systems and control. When I replace a default 737 panel into it and use it with PMGC, it has some problems during the flight. Same thing happen to Opensky's 744 and PMDG's 744. I wonder if this is cause by the "matchiness" of their aircraft model to PM? OR PM's own problem alone?

It sometime pick up speed by dropping a lot of altitude. It cause crash if I enable the A/P shortly after takeoff due to this problem (passing 1500ft AGL); when descent, it does not really IDLE the thrust when it shows IDLE (sometime again). This cause overspeed.

I am fairly new to PM. So may be I myself is part of the problem. I do believe PM can make it better for a smooth flight.

Can anyone suggest the best suitable 737NG and 744 FS model to be used with PM?

Alkit

Westozy
01-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Try this one - awesome airfile,

http://www.flywestwind.com/Hangar/Jets/fs2002/b732_2004.htm

Gwyn

dornier
01-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi Gwyn,

So I only need two files? the aircraft.cfg and the.air file???

Alkit

kevinE
01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Gwyn yes i been useing that aircraft in my sim its very good to fly the only thing i dont like is the sound set for it,,i did download a soundset from AVSIM
but i have to say the sound set in the pmdg is the best and i would like to use it with my cockpit ..is there a way to do this ..and i am also useing the PM sounds as well

Westozy
01-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Hi Kevin, I can't help with PM issues, I don't use it on my 1 PC set up.

Gwyn

phil.
03-03-2008, 09:49 AM
hello,
i'm using the pmdg 737-800 model for some time now, i find it not so good that when decending and the throttles are in idle, the speed does not go lower when decending at more then 1500 feet/minute.
I don't have this problem when flying the kittyhawk model.
can there be done something in the .cfg file of the pmdg model ?
Phil.

stefanloss
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
One question regarding the KittyHawk 737:

Flight dynamics and frame rates are quite nice, but the stabilizer has to be set to an extreme angle, especially during the approach. Not realistic at all.

Is there any known solution to that?

blueskydriver
03-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Hey All,

I've been using PM and PMDG 737-800 for a while now. I can tell you there is no way for the PM to control the PMDG in regards to it's MCP. You are using the flight model only. You can use the cockpit or virtual cockpit modes of PMDG 737-800 or the default FSX 737-800 with PM by just changing the .cfg files around.

Look at this link I posted for that:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11661

I can tell you that if you disable the autopilot in the PMDG 737-800 .cfg file it will work with PM. There has been a big question about if PM controls the MCP of the PMDG itself...it doesn't and I'd say why would you want to do that anyway?

If you have PMDG 737 and are happy with it, then you should use it and not PM, or if you have PM stick with it. PMDG and PM are both software that do similar tasks, like control the MCP, so why try to get two programs to do the same thing at the same time; not to mention the processor resources being used ?

Please look at the .cfg info I posted in the other forum post; it's for the default, but works the same for PMDG.

J