PDA

View Full Version : Question on axis of cnc router.

Richard70au
09-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I was just wondering if there is any advantage to having the table (X axis) that moves along its axis with a gantry that is fixed in one position or is it beter to have all the 3 moving axis on the gantry and the table fixed.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Cheers

Richard

geneb
09-10-2012, 08:45 AM
It all depends on the kind of machine you're talking about. The full size ShopBot uses a fixed table with a moving x/y gantry. The ShopBot Buddy however, uses a moving table for X and the Y axis on a gantry. Standard CNC machines use a moving X/Y table.

What material are you planning on feeding the machine?

g.

Qwseyvnd
12-30-2013, 09:24 PM
I looked for this question too.

I am planning to buy 5 axis machine for instruments that I am want to making instruments of Ilyushin 62.
I am on the way to order a CNC machine that satisified me.

jonesthesoftware
12-31-2013, 07:58 AM
wouldn't a moving table need more floorspace? Whatever you buy make sure the ballscrews and nuts are not chinese made. Best quality for those parts is German. the accuracy of the machine is dependant upon these. Also get toothed belt drives. I bought chinese cnc cheap but build quality was rubbish, had to strip and re-align motors and belts and change wiring to something safer as emergency stop was inline with the 240 volt supply. Luckily the ballscrews and nuts were German supplied (i checked before I bought it).
regards
geoff

Qwseyvnd
12-31-2013, 06:29 PM
First I will make an analog prototype that includes potentiometer, led light, button, and stepper motor.