PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS beta 26

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

jeehell
08-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Hello,

Just to be sure, the AP/FBW and FMGS server software are running on the FS computer?
If not, it may be the reason...

icchio
08-20-2011, 10:16 AM
i was doing it just before yours reply...=)
nothing is changed
everything as before.....
the only thing i have to try is change the joystick....maybe.....
i'll let you know...
thanks again.

Giovanni

Emmegi
08-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi JL,
thank you once again for your support. Great, now it works fine! I was missing the second item of your list (in FS, go to Controls...) because I did the wrong action (disable controller from calibration tab). I just tested it to see the result without complete the example trip (I hope to do it the next week). Tomorrow I'll start my vacation, so see you later guys.

Regards,
MG

CaptainBon
08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Hello Jeehell,

For which freeware airplane is your software designed. Is it only for the Pa320, or i have to use it with the ifdg one. My last flights i did with the Pa320, but i have some trouble with the V/S and the speed.

Have a nice night!

jeehell
08-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello,

it should work with both.

JL

icchio
08-22-2011, 06:55 AM
hi JL
i did some test whit other joystik but the problem not change.
so may be i make some mistake during the align procedure.
that's what i did.
start up AP/FBW
start up FMGS SERVER.
start up flight sim, chose free fly page than PA320.
wait for the FS loading and then pause the flight sim.
open the overhead panel set all the korry ON
align the IRS
open the PFD and EWD
unpause flight sim

what i notice is tath:
the airplane start whit engine on
if i try to turn off the engine master switch they still remain on
for shut down i have to turn off the fuel.
if i try to start up the engine from the engine panel in the overhead, nothing happens and the two switches on the throttle panel of the PA320 remain on the off position.

i hope you can understand, my english is something terrible =)
thank you again for all the support and the patience.

Giovanni

jeehell
08-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Hello,

The startup procedure is very strict, you have to follow it in the correct order:-
-ENG 1& 2 MASTER SW OFF
-fuel pumps ON
-APU Master ON
-APU Start ON
-When APU AVAIL, APU BLEED ON
-ENG STRT MODE SEL on IGN
-ENG1(2) MASTER SW ON

Cheers,
JL

DannyT
08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Dear JL,

first off all, many thanks for all your great work - its a dream you let come true!
I am working with the vrinsight mcp and the great interface software called Linda. This is the only way to syncronisize it with software like yours.
Anyway, the only limitation of Linda is FSUIPC 4.7 or higher. Therfore please let me know, if the problems with this version will be solved soon!?

Cheers,

Dennie

SimStar001
08-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Hello Jeehell, one important question. Have to run the Server and FBW on the FS PC or can it be run on a network PC?
Thanks a lot.

jeehell
08-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Hello,

DannyT: sorry I don't know when it'll be compatible, or even if it will ever be. It seems something changed in the new version, which I cannot find, and Peter Dowson says nothing changed, so it's a bit bit complicated.

Simstar: they must run on the FS computer so it has better performance concerning FSUIPc communication. However, it might work on a remote computer, but might not as well, especially the AP/FBW. Try for yourself, it won't hurt ;-)

Regards,
JL

Emmegi
09-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi everybody,
I came back to work a few days ago. In my last post I said that, after disabling axes control, the navigation was ok and I did most part of the trip without big problems. Now it happens the following: sometimes, despite the axes control disabled, I'm not able to fly the aircraft (AP disconnect). Sometimes it works fine. I don't understand what is the trick. I'm very frustrated because this is an extraordinary piece of software (complete and very realistic).

MG

jeehell
09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Make sure the 3 IRS are aligned on the OVHD. This is required for AP connection.

JL

Emmegi
09-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi JL,
the 3 IRS have been aligned in the preliminary phase at the departure airport. I'm confused because the behavior seems never be the same.

Many thanks

MG

jeehell
09-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Maybe in that case you move the sidestick, or did not leave on the neutral position?
When calibrating with FMGS config, you have to make sure the error around the neutral zone is BIG enough, because it is very sensitive.

Emmegi
09-02-2011, 06:59 AM
The joystick hasn't been moved and it was in the neutral position. In the calibration phase I assigned an error of 1000 for each parameter, as the first steps guide suggests. Perhaps should I increase this value? During a test flight I tried to move the joystick to test the response and the AP disconnected after applying a relatively wide lever excursion (I think you must have the intention to do that). Maybe the configuration of my PC is not sufficient to run the software or maybe I do anything wrong in the procedure...
These are just my assumptions since I have no experience.
Thanks

MG

jeehell
09-02-2011, 07:02 AM
I'm sorry, I cannot help you mcuh more here. I need more accurate details, of what actions cause which problem, otherwise it's too difficult to troubleshoot...

regards
JL

Emmegi
09-02-2011, 12:00 PM
I understand, no problem JL,
thanks again for your patience.

MG

icchio
09-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Hello,

The startup procedure is very strict, you have to follow it in the correct order:-
-ENG 1& 2 MASTER SW OFF
-fuel pumps ON
-APU Master ON
-APU Start ON
-When APU AVAIL, APU BLEED ON
-ENG STRT MODE SEL on IGN
-ENG1(2) MASTER SW ON

Cheers,
JL

Hi jeehell, your nightmare is back! =)
I had tryed with the procedure who you told me and the engine works.
the problem whit joystik remains the same.
I was reading and reading your guide, and something flash in my mind.
I had installed also flight sim acceleration.
can the problem came from that??

thank you again for your patient and your amazing software.

jeehell
09-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Try to recalibrate them under windows.
- To do that, (on windows 7) go to: control panel -> Devices and Printers.
-There, under "devices" make a right click on your joystick then "game controllers parameters" or similar (I don't know what it's called in Italian).
-Then for each joytsick listed there, you click "properties" then the "paramters" tab (first tab). And at last you click "calibrate" and do the calibration all over.

-When you're done, you go back to FMGS config and try again to calibrate all joysticks axes there.

Regards,
JL

icchio
09-03-2011, 11:00 AM
.....nothing change with recalibrate joystick....
did you develop the software on win 7?
i'm actually using XP so i will try also to change to win 7 and remove the acceleration.
just to be in the same position. And then restart from there.
Let's see....
if you have other ideas...tell me!

jeehell
09-03-2011, 11:17 AM
It has been successively developed on XP and now 7, but it is known to work on both.
If you really cannot find what's going on, you coud=ld try uninstalling FS, and reinstalling it on a fresh basis with FSUIPC 4.6.
FSX acceleration should not be a concern, I know of people using this version (basically FSX SP2 with extra aircraft....)

JL

icchio
09-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Quite Good News....
I had formated the PC and reinstalled everything.
Just tested it on a single machine.
At the first start when i opened the AP/FBW the dropdown menù for chose the AP/FBW coifficents was empty so i select the PA320 and click on Reload coefficients.
then fmgs server and all the other stuff....
For the first time i could fly my airplain.
After that I close everything for another test.
Again....AP/FWB who was already selected on PA320 then reload coefficients, launch fmgs server, etc...
this time the problem come back again....
the only difference before the format is, if i close the ap/fbw i can control the airplain if i open it i can't.

jeehell
09-04-2011, 02:48 PM
well if you cannot fly the airplane with the AP/FBW launched, it's not very good news??
When you reinstalled FSX, how did you proceed?
If you got the basic FSX then installed the acceleration pack, it is usually a good thing to launch FSX at least once between each new install (basic FSX, SP1, Acceleration/SP2, FSUIPC) because between every launch of FS, it rebuilds things in the registry and in FS configuration files.

JL

icchio
09-04-2011, 03:10 PM
i didn't install the acceleration this time
FSX
launch
FSUIPC
launch
and then the various test....

jeehell
09-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't have much more to say, except to wait for next version, where I did change a few things on the AP/FBW...
Sorry for that...

JL

icchio
09-04-2011, 08:58 PM
No problem, I have a lot of stuff to do for my cockpit. =)
If I found a solution i'll tell you....
I hope all my trouble can help you in some way.
thank you for everything....

Emmegi
09-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Sorry for the OT,
Icchio where do you live in Italy?

MG

Emmegi
09-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Sorry for the OT,
Icchio where do you live in Italy?

MG

Ah ok, Florence. Sorry, I didn't see your location.

MG

icchio
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't have much more to say, except to wait for next version, where I did change a few things on the AP/FBW...
Sorry for that...

JL

Hi Jehell
last thing

is it normal?
connected to FMGS server
not connected to FMGS server?

jeehell
09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi,

No it's not normal.
Maybe there is a trouble with the link between FMGS server and AP/FBW.
First, do you confirm you run the AP/FBW software on the same computer as FS AND FMGS server?
Also, post here the content of the network.cfg file on the main computer.

There may be troubles such as firewall, even on a local computers. I had that once on a computer. Try to remove the software exceptions for the AP/FBW and FMGS server in the firewall settings. When you start the computer again, it will ask for the right to use TCP/IP ports, of course allow it.

JL

icchio
09-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi,

the AP/FBW FS and FMGS are running in the same computer.
network.cfg
ip=localhost
port=8003

i'm trying to set up the windows 7 firewall.
what i have to see on the AP/FBW labels if everything is well connected.?

thanks.

jeehell
09-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Well it should not show the 'not connected label', jsut to confirm, on the FMGS server, there is the connection status of all instruments, including the AP/FBW. What does it say?

For the firewall, you can try to disable it completely to test if it's the reason. If you're worried about internet, disconnect your computer from internet before proceeding...

JL

icchio
09-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not worried for the internet connection....i have no internet for now on my cockpit....=)
i have made some test with the firewall...for now nothing but i have something more to try...
For the FMGS server....it shows the green label on AP.FBW with wrote connected.
in the AP.FBW still the same...the first one shows connected to FMGS server (in red) the second one shows not connected with FMGS server...
Let see....
Thank You again for all the support....

jules744
09-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Hi Jean-Luc ,

I have some problems with the fps of the gauges because they are very low . There 's any way to fix it ?

thanks for you work
I use FSX / Project Airbus / Win7-32 / Acceleration /

Regards ,

Jules

JehanLucques
09-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi Jules,
I don't know if Jeehell is here today.
Try the french forum aircockpit.com where you can get much more information about the Jeehell soft... (In french)

Jean-Luc (too but not The JeeHell):wink:

jeehell
09-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello,

If the FPS are low, the only option yo can change is the anti aliasing, but most probably wont have any effect, as its the video which handles anti-aliasing and not the CPU. And I believe you run all the software on 1 computer, so if it's not at least a quad core, it can hit the framerate.

There is not much more to do unfortunately...

JL

jules744
09-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Hello,

If the FPS are low, the only option yo can change is the anti aliasing, but most probably wont have any effect, as its the video which handles anti-aliasing and not the CPU. And I believe you run all the software on 1 computer, so if it's not at least a quad core, it can hit the framerate.

There is not much more to do unfortunately...

JL

Ok Thanks for you reply .
I ve take FS2004 that better with the FPS

thanks

Jules

jules744
09-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Hi Jeehell ,

I have some questions .

1) That possible to program the axis of the throttle with FSUIPC? how?

2)There is the time marker in the HDG mode (the blue arrow)http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2569/markera.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/markera.jpg/)

Altrought Thank you very much for you very Nice Airbus .

Friendly Jules

jeehell
09-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi,

1) No it's not possible. Only ways to have a throttle now is using a real joystick axis, or a SIOC axis. It might be possible to "cheat", using SIOC, to get back the FSUIPC axis position and send it to the SIOC variable used for throttle axis, but I cannot guarantee...

2) Do you mean the end of descent marker? currently not available in HDG mode, I'll add it someday.

Regards,
Jean Luc

jules744
09-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi,

1) No it's not possible. Only ways to have a throttle now is using a real joystick axis, or a SIOC axis. It might be possible to "cheat", using SIOC, to get back the FSUIPC axis position and send it to the SIOC variable used for throttle axis, but I cannot guarantee...

2) Do you mean the end of descent marker? currently not available in HDG mode, I'll add it someday.

Regards,
Jean Luc

Hi,

Thanks for you reply
Do you 'll add the Step Climb in FMGS , S/C like this

In the Step pred page
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4296/captureauc.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/captureauc.png/)

I know that a lot of work that why I respect your work . You have made the best A320 for MS Flight Sim .And I thank you for this .

Best Regards and Frendly

Jules

jeehell
09-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi again,

Honnestly I don't know yet if I'll add it or not.

JL

jules744
09-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi again,

Honnestly I don't know yet if I'll add it or not.

JL

Okay , Thanks for you 're replying .
Have a nice evening .
Today it was stormy at Nice .

12bPilot
09-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Jeehell

First of all: Thank you very much for your excellent software. As a real world A32X Pilot, a complex Airbus Simulation to use at home is very welcome :-) Installation and setup went ok, FS is connected. The only issue so far that I'm experiencing is the thrust lever axis. I set up the detents in your tool, but as soon as I move them "in game", strange values appear on the E/WD: negative percent Values for the N1, donut (thrust lever angle) jumping all around and even going back as I move the lever forward from IDLE to TOGA. Also, the donut symbol wraps around clockwise. On my joystick, full fwd has value "0" and full aft has value "65536", so "reverse sense" so to say...I can't figure out why...

Regards

jeehell
09-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Hello,

Welcome on board!
Concerning your problems with the THR LVRs, how many joystick axes do you use?
Also, in the Configuration tool, what number did you give for the error zone around the detents? You have to make sure that each detent is not overlapping with the adjacent ones (especially the MCT and idle ones, being very close to other detents). I will try tonight to calibrate my lever "reverse" style, to see if there is any trouble with that.

Regards,
Jean Luc

12bPilot
09-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Jean Luc,

Tried both 1 and 2 axis. Both the same issue. Mappings do not overlap and the error zone tolerance is about 1000 (is this enough?). Moving from IDLE to CLB, the donuts go back. When the CLB detent kicks in, they go to about 6 o'clock position on the E/WD. Reaching FLX/MCT, they jump to 4 o'clock, TOGA is again somewhere at 6o'clock with a value of about -239.9% N1. The engines do not spool up at all in the sim though...

Thx

jeehell
09-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi again,

Then it's probably the reverse way which is faulty. I'll check on my side. You can also confirm it by assigning the detents in wrong direction physically...
Also did you assign all detents i.e. Reverse as well?

JL

12bPilot
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I just mapped the whole thing "top-down", so IDLE on top at value 0 etc. Still the same behaviour. And yes, I assigned all detents.

UPDATE: Got it figured out...it was a FSUIPC Issue. Installed the latest version and now everything is fine :-) Sorry about that...

One little thing I've found: When entering an Engine Out Altitude (as a reminder) on the T/O PERF page, the value stays in the scratchpad. It should disappear.

Keep it up! Great piece of software!

jeehell
09-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello,

Ok good you figured out the thr lvr issue.
I'll look at the engine out thing. Just so you know, engine out operations are not yet available...

Regards,
JL

jules744
09-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Hi Jeehell,

In the FMGS there 's the possibility to enter a waypoint like this : NAME/BRG/DIST

MOT/086/25

Regards,

jeehell
09-22-2011, 03:45 AM
Hello,

Well it is possible in my software as well...

Regards,
JL

jules744
09-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Hello,

Well it is possible in my software as well...

Regards,
JL

Ok thank you

Regards,

jeehell
09-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Hello,

The latest version B22 is out: HERE (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B22.exe).

Biggest improvement is the installer feature which ease the installtion and configuration process.

Best regards,
Jean Luc

jeehell
09-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi,

Just updated the B22 package to correct bugs concerning the axis calibration and SIOC interface as well.

Regards,

JL

jules744
09-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi,

Just updated the B22 package to correct bugs concerning the axis calibration and SIOC interface as well.

Regards,

JL

Great , I 'll try it

thanks a lot

Jules

adonismartinez
09-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Hi Jean Luc,
As always thanks a lot for providing the awesome software again, it is wonderful.

Regarding to "updated the B22 package" means to correct the "IO error 103" in the hardware connect module?

thanks in advance for correcting our reports. ;-)

best regards
Adonis

jeehell
09-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi

Yes it should correct that and as well fmgs config bugs.

Regards,
JL

jules744
09-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Jeehell,

May it possible to use this wonderful soft on IAE engines ? And for A330 ?

Thanks

AirFan
09-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi JL,

thanks again! :-) Any new findings regarding the FSUIPC 4.7 flight control issue? And may I ask for the logics for the ASYM lever note in the PFD... when should it pop up? Is there any value which can be tuned to in/decrease the max. delta of both levers before asym is triggered?

Great Work!

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
09-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Hello Rob,

Here the real logic for the LVR ASYM messagen taken from the FCOM :One thrust lever is in CL or MCT/FLX detent, and the other one is not in this detent.
It should be the same in the software, and so it is not dependent on any delta between 2 levers. Only the detent difference is taken into account.

As for FSUIPC v4.7, still not had time to find the issue.

Regards,
JL

jules744
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
This new version is awesome thanks !!

This Fire Push Button is so great !!

Thanks

jules744
09-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Jeehell

I have somes problems :

-Freeze of all gauges PFD / ND / EWD /SD / FCU
when I switch DCT Page , Radial out

Regards,

jeehell
09-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi,

Ok I will look at that for next version.

JL

jules744
09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi,

Ok I will look at that for next version.

JL

Thank you Jeehell for you reply and help

Friendly

Jules

christo95
09-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello Jeehell,

I'm new on the forum and I have two remarks to say. First of all, you have done (and you are doing!) a great work with your software. I think the new installer is a big improvement and the ECAM actions are great!
Then I would like to suggest to add your displays (PFD, ND etc...) in a 2D panel for the Project Airbus, like vasFMC. The airplane would be more convenient to fly for the users who have not several screens. Because I find difficult to navigate through the overhead and the other displays.
I think 2D panels are not a lot of work, maybe a mistake, I do not know.

Enjoy your evening,

Christopher

jules744
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Hello Jeehell,

I'm new on the forum and I have two remarks to say. First of all, you have done (and you are doing!) a great work with your software. I think the new installer is a big improvement and the ECAM actions are great!
Then I would like to suggest to add your displays (PFD, ND etc...) in a 2D panel for the Project Airbus, like vasFMC. The airplane would be more convenient to fly for the users who have not several screens. Because I find difficult to navigate through the overhead and the other displays.
I think 2D panels are not a lot of work, maybe a mistake, I do not know.

Enjoy your evening,

Christopher

Good evening all

Definitely I agree with you Chris .

Frendly
Jules

Fritz
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi,
I believe JeeHell's intention is to create a software which is designed for home cockpit building.
Have you thought of other alternatives? There is both freeware (eg at Avsim) and payware (like Wilco Airbus) available what corresponds your requirements.

Regards Fritz

christo95
09-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Hi,
I believe JeeHell's intention is to create a software which is designed for home cockpit building.
Have you thought of other alternatives? There is both freeware (eg at Avsim) and payware (like Wilco Airbus) available what corresponds your requirements.

Regards Fritz

Hi Fritz,

I know there are alternative to Jeehell's software. Maybe it is designed for home cockpit building but there are a lot of people who are searching a good Airbus software for a "normal" use. Moreover, Jeehell has probably made the best Airbus simulation currently available, and I hope everyone would be able to use it easily.
We will see what he is thinking of this suggestion.

Christopher

jules744
09-29-2011, 02:05 AM
I have no homecockpit And I can use this version like wilco .But the systems are 1000X better in Jeehell's FMGS http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1914/climbh.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/climbh.jpg/)

Thanks Jeehell for you work !

jeehell
09-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Hello,

I will not do a gauge version, because this is way too much work as I don't know how to make .gau files. And I don't have time to learn how to make such gau files...
As Fritz said, my main goal was to do a homecockpit software, which is achieved. However, it can still be used on a single screen, using the features such as "lock display" and "stay on top" available with a right click on the DUs. That way, you won't lose the display when switching to for example the OVHD.

Best regards,
JL

christo95
09-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Hello,

I will not do a gauge version, because this is way too much work as I don't know how to make .gau files. And I don't have time to learn how to make such gau files...
As Fritz said, my main goal was to do a homecockpit software, which is achieved. However, it can still be used on a single screen, using the features such as "lock display" and "stay on top" available with a right click on the DUs. That way, you won't lose the display when switching to for example the OVHD.

Best regards,
JL

Thank you for your answer. I will try this fonction this evening.

Have a nice day,

Christopher

Emmegi
09-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Great JL! Thanks once again for your extraordinary job. I have just installed the B22 version and I have seen that so many things have been changed. I can't wait to test it. See you later.

MG

jules744
09-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi jeehell

I have no Callout , 2500 , 1000 , 500 , 400 ... RETARD RETARD

best regards,

Jules

Fritz
09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi,

do you switch the GPWS SYS on in the Overhead? It is initial off.

best regards

jeehell
09-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello,

These sounds do work, you must have something wrong, such as Fritz suggests...

Regards,
JL

jules744
10-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Hello,

These sounds do work, you must have something wrong, such as Fritz suggests...

Regards,
JL

Thanks for you reply I 'll check it .

Thank you

Best regards,

Jules

jules744
10-01-2011, 06:49 AM
My sound was empty and now that corrected and it works .

Just sometimes I have acess violation etc. Why it happens it ?

Regards ,

Jules

Emmegi
10-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi all,
first test with B22 version trying to perform the LFBO-LFMN example route. I have read the whole guide and followed step by step meticolously. I performed cockpit preparation, MCDU settings, engine startup. Until the takeoff phase everything seemed ok. My problems start in the climb phase, especially when the aircraft must perform the almost 180 degrees right turn (with 210 kts set). At that moment the tendency is to lose the speed control (that increases too much or falls down) an then the AP disconnection occurs. The same thing happens during the approach phase to Nice, the LOC-G/S interception is extremely difficult and the a/c is not able to follow the correct glide path. In general it seems that there are a lot of problems to reach and maintain the parameters settings. For instance, when a speed of 250 kts must be maintained from a lower speed, the system accelerates until 280 kts, then slows down the a/c to 230 kts, then accelerates again to 260 and finally it reaches 250 kts (it is just an example). When the a/c performs a turn, it banks suddenly and not in a progressive mode. Another example: when I put the thrust lever to TOGA notch during the t/o phase, in the E/WD I can see that the RPM rate increases very slowly (obviously for both engines), it takes about 10 or 12 seconds to reach the settings. I use the FSX aircraft provided in the FMGS package (not sure if this is a PA or iFDG). The coefficient loaded in the AP/FBW is for PA320, Perhaps should I get the iFDG coefficient? Or maybe that I should reinstall FSX, or maybe conflicts with other addons?
Is there anyone who has experienced the above described issues?

Note: I use FSX Acceleration pack, FSUIPC 4.6, Xp PRO OS. I did the calibration with a value of 1000 in the null zone of each detent, taking care not to overlapping detents.

Thanks

MG

Emmegi
10-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Jules,
sometimes I have "access violation" message too. I also get strange error messages or warnings and if I click the OK button a report error window appears (send/don't send to Microsoft). I don't know why and what event causes them.

Regards

MG

Emmegi
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi again,
I tested FMGS B22 with FS2004 (9.1) and FSUIPC 3.99. Things went much better than the FSX session. The example flight was perfect until the approach phase. I just need help about this final phase. Nice RWY04L ILS signal seems to be intercepted properly since the aircraft seems to be captured and follows the glide path. Speed is lower than 250 kts. When I try to extend the first notch of flaps the AP disconnection occurs. The guide says that "According to your flaps setting, the ATHR will reduce speed towards minimum control speed". This doesn't happen in my case. The cause maybe my likely mistake. Please help me, I'm one step away from my first goal.

Thanks in advance

MG

jules744
10-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks For reply,

I have just a small problem with the autobrake it dosen't works in landing .

Thanks you very much jeehell for you help again :D

best regards,

Jules

Fritz
10-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi all,
first test with B22 version trying ...
I have the problem when I start in FLX mode, the Aircraft rises steeply a bit after takeoff.
In the previous version it was even worse. Has become much better in the new version.
When I activate the autopilot about 1000 ft the vertical speed is 6400 +.
The autothrottle in FLX mode react sluggishly. I quickly reached the speedlimit of flaps 1.
Until now I have also not hit the glide path. But may I have something not configured correctly. ILS Frequenzy:?:

Thanks For reply,
I have just a small problem with the autobrake it dosen't works in landing ...
The problem with the autobrake I cannot confirm. It works well.

jules744
10-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I have the problem when I start in FLX mode, the Aircraft rises steeply a bit after takeoff.
In the previous version it was even worse. Has become much better in the new version.
When I activate the autopilot about 1000 ft the vertical speed is 6400 +.
The autothrottle in FLX mode react sluggishly. I quickly reached the speedlimit of flaps 1.
Until now I have also not hit the glide path. But may I have something not configured correctly. ILS Frequenzy:?:

The problem with the autobrake I cannot confirm. It works well.

Ok great to heard this :-)

Do you have any idea of the source of my problem ?
regards

Jules,

Emmegi
10-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi Fritz,
just a couple of questions: 1) what version of FSUIPC do you use? 4.7 version is not compatible (perhaps you already know this). 2) did you disable joystick assignment in the settings control axes tab? (if you use FSX).

Regards

MG

jules744
10-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi,
I have always Violation Acess , and many popup opened .And all gauges are freeze

please help

Thank you

Best Regards,

Jules

jules744
10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi,
I have always Violation Acess , and many popup opened .And all gauges are freeze

please help

Thank you

Best Regards,

EDIT/

Nom de l’application défaillante OVHD.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x4e7c505b
Nom du module défaillant : SimAPI_FS.dll_unloaded, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x4e7c511d
Code d’exception : 0xc000001d
Décalage d’erreur : 0x04c767f0
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1374
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01cc80fa99107caa
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Airbus A320\A320FMGS\OVHD\OVHD.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: SimAPI_FS.dll
ID de rapport : 6760d168-ecfa-11e0-9ff4-90e6ba4a8ab2

Fritz
10-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi Fritz,
just a couple of questions:...
Yes I know that FSUIPC 4.7 is not copatible yet and
yes too I have disabled all joystick assignment in the settings of FSX and also in FSUIPC.

I only pull the joystick at VR Speed to take off.
For the first moment the climb angle is still ok, but then the plane rises a little too steep.

Ok great to heard this :-)...
I guess it depends with the Arcraft dynamics. I used in the PA Airbus.
As already mentioned, compared to the previous version it is much better now.
I had always a stall after take-off in the previous version.

Hi,
I have always Violation Acess...
To your problem Jules, if you have used the FMGS_Config.exe the program it is still active when you have closed it. You must quit the program again in the Windows Task Manager or you get the I/O error.

jules744
10-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Yes I know that FSUIPC 4.7 is not copatible yet and
yes too I have disabled all joystick assignment in the settings of FSX and also in FSUIPC.

I only pull the joystick at VR Speed to take off.
For the first moment the climb angle is still ok, but then the plane rises a little too steep.

I guess it depends with the Arcraft dynamics. I used in the PA Airbus.
As already mentioned, compared to the previous version it is much better now.
I had always a stall after take-off in the previous version.

To your problem Jules, if you have used the FMGS_Config.exe the program it is still active when you have closed it. You must quit the program again in the Windows Task Manager or you get the I/O error.

Thanks for you reply I 'll try it .

Emmegi
10-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey guys,
I have noticed that FMGS coupled with FS2004 is (in my case) much better than FSX: more stable, no steep climb or descent, no AP disconnections until the approach phase. This still represents a problem.

Regards

MG

jeehell
10-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Hello,

I've been away last couple days, sorry for delay.

Concerning the AP issue, it maybe comes from the provided flight model. I will do some more tests when I'm back.
Access violation errors: if you don't tell me which modules produce them, I cannot help...

Regards,
JL

jules744
10-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi Jeehell

I would like to help you to find all small bugs because It's a very nice product .

For my I have found this :

- Brake temp 's cooling to fast without brakefan
-The speed in mach has not been reach in hight flight level for exemple it 's reach .77 at FL360
-The Managed mode Descent calculated a wrong descent path with altitudes restrictions (Below and Above )
-In FMGS when approach 's selected that not ILS04R in F-PLAN ( that LFMN04R)

respectful and friendly

Jules,

CaptainBon
10-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Hello all together,

maybe i can help with the problem "climb too steep"

You have manually to trim your aircraft before takeoff. you have to put the trim to DN2 or DN3 via the keyboard keys Numpad 7 or 1, while flight simulator is the active window. I had this problem with the older version.

And now a question for jeehell.

I have the problem, that sometimes the elevation, the ailerons and the rudder work upside down, when i move the joystick. The problem still being the same, until i restart the software completeley. At this evening this problem came first after reaching climb cruize. for normally this problem came with starting the FMHS software. Do you know why?

jeehell
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Hello,

For everyone, please try this new version, I included anotehr FS model for FSX, it may help: http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B22.1.exe
It also corrects the FO PFD and EWD not memorizing their position/size.

As for CaptainBon, your problem is a first for me, maybe it comes from FSUIPC. Also, I know some people have had to completely disable all joysticks from within FS.

Regards,
JL

CaptainBon
10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Hello jeehell,

thank you for answering my question. It didn't help me, because i am using an unregistered version of fsuipc, and the joystick are deactivated in fsx. But i hope that this problem will goes off with the new version.

I am trying to use the new version, but i have the problem, that i can't start the apu. The APU master switch is displaying ON in blue color and the APU start button displaying too ON in blue color. The problem is that the APU start button never change to AVAIL in green color. Do you know why? When i try the old version, i don't have any problem with the APU start procedure.

Captain Bob

jeehell
10-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Hello,

Maybe your FS is in pause?
Also, check that you use the point '.' as decimal separator in your regional settings. It can apparently affect the connection with FS in last versions of my software.

JL

Emmegi
10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Hello JL,
I just tried the new FSX model, unfortunately for my situation is worse than the previous. Very frequent AP disconnections, I think due to very bad flyability. I also noticed exxagerated pitch and/or bank which make very difficult to follow the managed route.

Regards

MG

jeehell
10-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Hello,

Just to know, how many FPS do you get in FS? what computer do you have (CPU)?

JL

Emmegi
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Hello,

in my last test I used the front view (just scenery view without panels), target frame rate set at 30 FPS, FMGS launched with FMGS-Server, OVHD, FCU, MCDU, Cpt PFD, EWD and Sound set to "yes" in the starter.ini file. The frame rate obtained worked along a wide range: from about 15 to 25 FPS. FSX with the following settings: Graphic custom, acft medium high, scenery low, weather medium low, traffic low. My pc is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 5200+, 2.71 GHz, 3 Gb RAM, ASUS EAH 4350 video card, OS XP Pro SP2.
During the climb phase I also noticed that the A/T (set to CLB after the blinking message) has been set to A FLOOR by the system itself, then AP disconnection and then a repetitive chime. After that I couldn't be able to re-engage the AP anymore.

Regards

MG

jeehell
10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Hello,

I'm sorry, but I think your computer is a little underpowered to run my software correctly with FSX. Try reducing graphic options to get constantly over 20 FPS, otherwise the AP/FBW has troubles doing it's job.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
10-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Hello all,

After some tests, it seems FSUIPC V4.742 (or V4.7c, they are the same version...) is compatible with my software, since version B22. If you have a working system, and want to try, go ahead, but I advise to keep the v4.6 files somewhere just in case...
Also please, report if you have any trouble (or if it works correctly as well pease!)

Regards,
JL

Emmegi
10-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Dear JL,
after some changes in FSX I finally got 25-28 FPS constantly (running the minimal instrument configuration). Despite this improvement the AP continues to disconnect itself without an apparent reason. This happened in my last test using the iFDG Airbus A320-211 Air France contained in the last package. I don't understand and I'm very frustrated because this is an extraordinary piece of software.

Regards

MG

Emmegi
10-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Dear JL,
I have just completed the LFBO-LFMN example route using FS2004 (3.99), FSUIPC 3.99 and the package aircraft PA A320-210, with the frame rate at 26-28 FPS costantly. No problem in any phase of flight. The approach and landing were nice too. Good LOC-G/S interception capability. FMGS launched with just OVHD, FCU, MCDU and PFD.

Regards

MG

Emmegi
10-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Sorry,
I just wanna say FS2004 (9.1 version)

MG

jeehell
10-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Hello,

well I advise you keep using FS2004 until you figure out what is wrong with FSX.
I know some people have had troubles with FSX if the service packs were not installed, or badly installed (like not running FSX between updates). Also FSUIPC has proven to be guilty sometimes...

Regards,
JL

Fritz
10-09-2011, 07:14 AM
...or if it works correctly as well pease!...

I made a test flight this morning. Seems to work with FSUIPC version 4.742.

Regards

jeehell
10-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

JL

AirFan
10-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi JL,

Here some feedback regarding V22.1 with FSUIPC 4.742. I can confirm that it seems to work however I have the feeling that it has been working slightly better with 4.6. But that's just my personal feeling.

Here is what I noticed after a couple of short tests:

MAIN ISSUES:
- right after take off (AP on, speed still selected, heading managed, VS managed) when you reduce from FLX to CLB- the climb becomes to steep for the reduced thrust and subsequently the speed drops again very close to stall. Sometimes AFLOOR kicks --> AP disconnects.

- MCDU doesnt show correct waypoint altitudes: example: FL6000 selected... waypoints show values up to 27000ft. Since V22 all my waypoints have some really weird alitude numbers like 15465 or 19472 (even at cruise alt). You mentioned something with comma and dot in the windows settings... where do i change it? I know this comma issue from excel, but not from windows.I guess that one of my personal problem. :)

- the ILS approach is still very unstable. The LOC/GS interception seems to work, but keeping on the slope up to the runway is still an issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes the AC is not on the slope but parallel (so it has the correct sinkrate but doesnt converge and you dont hit the touchdown zone) and sometimes it's just losing the GS right before the runway (about 150-200ft) reducing the sinkrate and won't touch down correctly. BTW: Are there any plans to improve the flare? :)

- speed tape on PFD isnt smooth in windy conditions (standard cold fronts). It seems there are real jumps in the speed. It clear, that it can't be constant but the tape just doesnt move smooth anymore, I noticed real jumps from one value to another. It doesnt look like a gust... just unreal due to the stottering speed tape. I guess thats an FSX issue but maybe there is a chance of filtering/smoothing the speed values??

- wheel temps are faulty. During a RTO the temps smoothly increase...sometimes at 65° or 120° all 4 suddenly remain at these temps for a couple of seconds before jumping back down to 30° or ambient temp.

- ETA in MCDU very often not correct... often given me ETA times of "0:01" right after I created the FPLN. (there are no discons)

Maybe somebody else can confirm these issues...

However, It's just great to see you progressing so fast! Thanks again!

Rob

jeehell
10-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Hello Rob,

Thanks for the feedback as well.

Here a few answers:

- AFLOOR and APdisconnect: which FS model do you use? did you switch to ifdg model (included in b22.1, Air France livery) or still use the PA one (airbus livery)? You should use the ifdg one.

-decimal separator: under win XP go to control panel -> regional settingsthen in the first tab, you click the button which should read "personallize". Then set decimal symbol as dot '.'.
The VNAV is still not perfect, calculations are sometimes wrong, as well as ETA.

-ILS approaches: probably due to the FS model, as in first point. I'd like to improve the flare, but it's not very easy, and not critical, as it can be done manually ;-)

-Speed tape: it comes from FS. If you have a registered FSUIPC version, there are options to smooth wind changes (both in direction and speed)

-Wheel temps: yes I know, I need to work on it. I also need real values like how hot it can go up and how fast it gets there as well. How fast it cools down, etc... any info (even if approximate, I can add some coefficients for outside air temp...)

Regards,
JL

Fritz
10-09-2011, 12:45 PM
...- the ILS approach is still very unstable. The LOC/GS interception seems to work, but keeping on the slope up to the runway is still an issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes the AC is not on the slope but parallel (so it has the correct sinkrate but doesnt converge and you dont hit the touchdown zone) and sometimes it's just losing the GS right before the runway (about 150-200ft) reducing the sinkrate and won't touch down correctly. BTW: Are there any plans to improve the flare? :)...

If you use the PA Airbus maybe this setting in the aircraft file will help you.

[Autopilot]
nav_proportional_control=16
nav_integrator_control=0.10
nav_derivative_control=0.90
nav_integrator_boundary=1.50
nav_derivative_boundary=2.50
gs_proportional_control=25.0
gs_integrator_control=0.530
gs_derivative_control=0.00
gs_integrator_boundary=0.70
gs_derivative_boundary=0.00

Regards

jeehell
10-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm affraid these settings won't have much effect as they concern the autopilot inside FSX only, not the one from my software...

JL

AirFan
10-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi JL,

I already use the new model which you provided with V22.1. After thurst reduction, the speed drops almost to stall during climb. the climb rate can be > 3000ft/s. I assume the climb rate should reduce after thrust reduction but it doesnt do so.

Many Thanks
Rob

jeehell
10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
One idea: check the weight used by the model. I noticed that the default weight is MTOW or even over MTOW. I do use myself this plane with ZFW of around 50tons max. And rarely with more than 70% of fuel.

Regards,
JL

AirFan
10-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey Fritz,

Thanks for the try... but as JL mentioned it wont have any effect. Thanks anyways.

Cheers,
Rob

AirFan
10-09-2011, 01:25 PM
JL,

I am even below that usually... For the last trails I've done the following:
I kept the PAX and cargo as it is and only kept 100% on the left/right main tank. Center and outer tanks are empty. So I think it's not fuel related. The AC was pretty light.

Rob

flapsdown
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Hello JL,
just downloaded your software which i was able to admire at a friend's homecockpit. Really a great job so far!
My first question in this forum: As I have noticed there is no way to add "arrival transitions to final approach" in a flight plan although they exist in the corresponding ICAO.appr.txt files. Is there a way to enter them which I don't know or is it just impossible? And if impossible: Do you intend to develop MCDU further so that we will be able to enter/use transitions?
Thanks!
rw

jeehell
10-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your kind comments. Concerning APPR transitions, they should be available in the MCDU, they are called APPR VIA (LSK2 I think in STAR selection page).

Regards,
JL

jeehell
10-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Hello Rob,

I get back to you on your issues. Do you have any other troubles with AP or is it just at thrust reduction?

JL

AirFan
10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Good Evening JL,

Based on my trails I would say that the frequent stalls after thrust reduction is one of the main issues. In Cruise and descent I didnt notice any bugs wrt the AP, except the vertical profile you mentioned before (including the correct marks for TOD, decel..etc. )
Writing this just gave me the clue that this decreasing speed and the high climbrates after thrust red. could be related with a faulty vertical profile since it only happens in managed mode but not if I select the climbrate manually?? What would happen if the first waypoint after takeoff is so high that the AC can't achieve it?? Same question for any decent, if the waypoint would be too low?? I can do some more checks.

The second issue I would mention is the ILS glide slope tracking which still has very sinusodial character. After initial interception of the GS the A/C often crosses the GS several times before it stabilizes with a constant sinkrate. I am not a pro in controller-stuff but maybe some tuning of the controller could improve the the GS tracking behaviour and to reduce the overshoots. If you need more details I could do some test at constant speed. Let me know what you need to know.

BTW: the strange altiudes given for each waypoint were not related with the "." or ";" setting in windows. I already used the "." setting and sometimes the MCDU still gives me some really strange values for the altiude and the speeds.

Cheers,
Rob

ahhh... I got one more :) If you shift the AC position in slew-mode TOGA-Thrust kicks in every time you leave the slewmode returning to the actual sim. I guess thats not on purpose.

Many Thanks, JL!

jeehell
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Hello Rob,

The vertical profile has no effect on the climb rate at take-off. The SRS mode only tries to maintain the IAS target using pitch. Problem is, if it keeps the standard g force limits of the A320, the current flight models accellerates way over the IAS target just after lift-off. So it pitches up a LOT, and then at THR RED, it takes time to pitch down from the 20° nose up while N1 reduces to CLB setting, thus the speed fall... I will try to cheat a bit by allowing bigger G load deviation so it can correct sooner the lift off speed...

For the ILS, do you mean it really overshoots a lot or when GS is captured, it oscillates a tiny bit around the center(meaning no reversion to GS*)?

And concerning the slew mode, the problem is FS sends the speed even in slew mode, so if you move really fast (which usually happens in slew mode...) you go over the VMO/MMO, and if you stop moving the A/C then you go below Vstall, hence the AFLOOR and TOGA...I will try to detect the slew mode condition and block the speed input.

Regards,
JL

flapsdown
10-13-2011, 04:55 PM
bonsoir jh,
merci beaucoup pour ton indication. Ca fonctionne parfaitement. Bêtement je n'ai que superficiellement lu le manuel!
Encore une fois: tout mon respect et mes félicitations pour ton projet!
Salutations, René

jeehell
10-13-2011, 05:10 PM
No problem René, however try to keep it in English on this forum ;)
There is a French building forum called aircockpit if you wish, I have a thread there as well.

Regards,
JL

flapsdown
10-14-2011, 03:57 AM
It wasn't my intention to continue in French anyway.But my posting didn't really affect serious issues about A320FMGS so I thought to send a French hello to a region which I am very fond of and where I use to spend my holidays (near Cannes).
But now no further private postings;)
greetings René

AirFan
10-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi JL,

I just created a short video showing the problems I have wrt the GS tracking using the new FS model and V22.1 with FSUIPC 4.7 (unreg). In the video I first captured the GS and then the LOC. Due to the left turn when the AC captures the LOC, the GS shows real problems. Some seconds later it's stablizing again but keeping a constant offset to the GS up to the touchdown zone. I described this problem earlier but you will see it in the vid.
here the link:

https://rapidshare.com/files/784993362/ILS_issue.mp4

Regarding the SRS phase. What you say makes sence. Do you define the deflection speeds of the control surfaces in your software or does come with the FS model you use? Are the deg/sec values for the elevator also correctly set as the real g-factor limits? Instead of cheating with the g-limit couldn't it be also possible to change the trim/deflection speeds to adjust the take off behaviour and avoid this rapid speed drop?

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
10-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Hello Rob,

Well I'm not surprised it loses the GS when turning to capture the LOC. Standard operations is to capture LOC first, then GS. I'm even pretty sure the real acft will not let you enter GS* unless you've captured the LOC.

Concerning SRS mode, the deflection speeds won't really change much as they are controlled by the G load command in anyway...

Regards,
JL

flapsdown
10-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry, if it might be a FMGS beginner's problem but I can't enter any ILS/FREQ in RADNAV page even 10 nm in front of FAF (eg EDDM RWY 08L IMNE/109.5). Scratchpad says NOT IN DATABASE although there is the corresponding file in the ND folder.
Using b22.1.
Thanks for help!
René

jeehell
10-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Hello,

It seems the Navdata from Navigraph in levelD forat has some issues with some ILS. And apparently, a lot of German airports have this trouble. I'm looking for a better way to get ILS data.

Regards,

JL

flapsdown
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Thank you for your immediate answer and explanation. I'm a bit calmed about the fact that this problem isn't caused by my unexperience with your software. I hope you will be sucessful in solving this problem.
Kind regards
René

AirFan
10-17-2011, 05:14 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for your answer. I know that the standard is LOC first and then GS. However, I thought it could be possible but I might be wrong. In a few weeks I'll see a real 320 pilot. Maybe he will know if it could be done that way even it's not standard. If I get an answer, I'll let you know.

Well, I still got some issues with the GS even the AC locks on the localizer first. If there is time I will prepare another vid these days to show you the problems I deal with. And yes, sometimes it still goes back to GS* even with the LOC captured first :-(

Again, I have one more... :-) --> I just noticed that I can't get both engines into reverse individually. It seems that one lever is master only allowing the other reverser to open up to the value of the "master" lever. If you pull both levers it works. If you pull only lever 1, it works. If you pull lever 2 seperately while #1 is in idle it won't work. I've done several calibrations but the problem remains. Can you confirm this behaviour?

Many thanks, buddy!

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
10-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Hello,

OK I 'll wait for the next video.

Concerning the reverse issue, I need to check. I'll get back to you if I find anything...

JL

DannyT
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM
I am very very lucky to read, that your software is compatible with fsuipc 4.7XX now!!
Anyway, I work with vrinsigts mcp combo panel. Is your software supporting directly this kind of hardware? If not, I am able to manage to let it work with offsets. But in this case, how to let the display of the mcp let show the right values (hdg,alt, speed)? Need really help in that case...

jeehell
10-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Hello Danny,

Vrinsight support is not provided, and probably will not (they do not easily/freely disclose the information necessary to communicate with their hardware). If they allow to use offset (which I don't know) then it should be possible. But here I cannot help you...

Regards,
JL

Navigator9111
10-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi,

I have recently downloaded the JeeHell (A320FMGS) software. I intended to use it with my A320 simulator to replace my current Wilco software. What i did was that I installed the software and followed all the steps in the manual up to the step which says that I should start up the batteries. I was not able to click on any of the buttons/switches. It was just as if it was a picture. I don't know if I perhaps had missed any step. I had followed the guide and opened the PA/IFDG A320 which is included in the package.
I would be glad if you could help me solve this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,
Sascha

jeehell
10-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Hello,

this means you have troubles with FSUIPC connection. Check that you have a working FSUIPC installed, and that the little software called FSUIPCconnect is running. Some people reported it's better to launch FSUIPCconnect last, after all other software.

Regards,
JL

Navigator9111
10-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Hello again JL,

Yes, I have a working FSUIPC installed.
I tried switching on the FSUIPCconnect software after everything else. But it did not work either. At some windows it is said that it is connected to the FMGS server, on other, it is the opposite "Not connected to the FMGS server". When I pressed the "Reset hardware" button I got the following errors: IO error 32, IO error 103.

Please also confirm that I am doing everything correct and in the right order. After installing and configuring I do it in this order:
1) Switch on the FMGS starter together with all the other software.
2) open the PA A320 in FS2004 which is included in the package. (I have heard some people use normal IFDG and just take the panel folder away...)
3)Try to switch om batteries, but it does not work to move any of the switches or buttons.

Regards,
Sascha

jeehell
10-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Hello,

I need more information on your setup: how many computers and what soft run on which etc... Also what hardware do you use. And try to change the decimal separator to '.' in wondows regional settings.

JL

Navigator9111
10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Hello JL,

I so far only have one computer. I use Windows Vista x64. My processor is Intel Core 2 DUO P7350 @ 2.00 GHz with 4 GB RAM. I use it with Matrox tripple head 2go (3 additional screens) and FS2004.
I will try that.

/S

jeehell
10-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi again,

check in FS9 in the modules menu if you have EXT PWR and GND HP for instance. You can try to also reinstall FSUIPC.

JL

AirFan
10-24-2011, 02:51 PM
good evening JL,

as promised here a new video regarding the ILS problems I struggle with. Sorry for the strange look, I just clicked on the wrong output-resolution in the editing software and I dont have time to do it again. Anyhow, one can read it... this time LOC was captured first and it still goes back to GS* and it describes the problem pretty good...
but take a look.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2372599099/ILS_issue2.mp4

thanks&good night!

Rob

jeehell
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Hello Rob,

Ok I see what you mean now. In fact it worked pretty good ;)
The only weird thing is the GS capture, usually it won't go that much above the glide path during capture, but capture it smoothly from below. I suspect this is because you had asked for a very low speed, and the ACFT was still trying to reduce speed when the nose down command arrived for the GS capture.
As for the loss of GS around 400ft, this is sadly one of the limitation of FS, as the resolution of the GS deviation from FS is not good at all, especially when you are near the runway (and usually happens at around 400ft...). I wonder how far from the touch down you did actually touch?

JL

AirFan
10-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi JL,

i can't really tell you how far the AC touched down in the vid since I just recorded the pfd. As far as I remember it was some hundred feet down the runway. At least it was on the runway ;-)
You could be right that the reversion to GS* during the capture might be related to the low speed. I can do some more tests if it helps you in any way.

However, It's a pity that it's losing the GS so close to the runway threshold even the AC has stablized. Any clue how others have solved this problem? I am just wondering how some of the addon producers managed this FS limitation? I assume there are different options wrt the algorithm? As far as I know some products provide pretty reliable ILS approaches, even with gust or crosswind conditions.

BTW: What are your plans for the near future? Do you want to continue implementing ecam messages/failures/flight law changes... whatsoever... or do you plan to improve and refine the bugs like ILS behaviour, flare, flight plan issues, time to next waypoint, the SRS issue, brake temps etc. before you expand any system details?

and... I know you are busy...but have you taken a look at the reverser issue I mentioned with 2 levers?

and... something different: do you know what triggers the FS call-out "don't sink" during an approach?

Let me know if there is anything I can do regarding more testing.

Cheers mate,
Rob

Marcus
10-26-2011, 05:27 AM
and... I know you are busy...but have you taken a look at the reverser issue I mentioned with 2 levers?

I tried this out in our setup and both nr 1 and 2 reverse works fine, independently of each other (FMGS 22.1).

Marcus

AirFan
10-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Hi Marcus,

thanks for trying and your confirmation! I assume I have to check my setup again to find the reason for my problem.

Many thanks!
Rob

Toulouse
11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Good evening everyone,
is there any news on cpflight fcu support ?
BRgds Toulouse

Fritz
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
What Do you mean with cpflight fcu support?

JeeHell's FMGS is compatible with the cpflight fcu since Release 2.1.

Toulouse
11-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Aha, good news. I completely missed that, sorry.

jeehell
11-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Hello,

Just finished the beta 23. The main new feature is the temporary FPLN, which means now the SOPs are almost completely working as they should (well almost, there will always be things to add/modify).

The URL: http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B23.exe

Cheers,
JL

tom19
11-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi JL,

And thank you for the new version. I'm back with your software and setting up my cockpit to use it.
SIOC configurator is great and FAST :)
I couldn't find EGPWS data extractor.exe in EGPWS data subfolder of the ND, the folder is empty.

Tommi

jeehell
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi Tommi,

you're indeed right, there was a small glitch in the installer. Download the package again and reinstall it, the egpws data extractor will be there.

Regards,

JL

Marcus
11-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Hello Tommi

I just installed B23 and I do have the EGPWS data extractor.exe in the ND subfolder. So try to install it again maybe?

EDIT: Maybe I was downloading right when jeehell replaced the package, because my first download was corrupt. Second time worked fine :-)

tom19
11-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi again,

there was it, thanks. Back to installing...

jeehell
11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Hello,

Corrected a couple bugs, especially the one preventing managed flight:
http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B23.1.exe

Regards,
JL

flapsdown
11-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi JL,

thank you for your new beta. BTW: Download file is still named B23 and not B23.1. - is thís meant to be?

Please do not forget the German pilots with their ILS frequency troubles/bug at German airports (entering in RADNAV page). I know that you are aware of it so take this post as a kind of reminder for the next beta version(s).;)
Kind regards
René

jeehell
11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi,

sorry for the link it was indeed b23.1, it's corrected.

I did not forget the German airports don't worry, but I have a LOT of things going on ;)

Cheers,
JL

flapsdown
11-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I did not forget the German airports don't worry, but I have a LOT of things going on ;)
As guessed I wrote 'next version' in plural as well ;-)
ciao,René
PS The content of today's new b23 is the same as today's b23.1. Correct? Or should we reinstall version 23.1 ?

AirFan
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi JL,

the problem with SRS engagment and managed mode still exists. If you connect any selected SID with a waypoint the thrust reductions alt is gone as well and I can enter the thrust red. manually. Any idea?

Thanks & Best regards.
Rob

AirFan
11-15-2011, 06:14 PM
sorry... I meant I CAN NO enter the thrust red. alt manually.

jeehell
11-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Really weird, was it present then gone after entering a point or else??
I did test several times I didn't have any issue??
All you must take care of, is make sure the active FPLN has a SID entered (or even "NO SID", just the runway with the arbitrary point at 1500ft)??

JL

tom19
11-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Hi all,
I have similar problems with entering the thrust values. Also losing GS on final appr.
AFLOOR appears and AP disconnect. If I have set the values and after that enter a new waypoint somewhere in plan, values are disappeared. More test flights today...

Tommi

AirFan
11-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Hi JL,

as Tom described the thrust red. alt. value show up after selecting any SID. But if you continue and add any waypoint after the SID the thrust red. alt values disappear again. If there are no thrust red. values SRS won't engage and "LVR CLB" starts flashing as soon as you set FLX or TOGA power even the aircraft is still on ground. I don't see any difference between V23 and V23.1 regarding this bug. :-( So managed mode is still not possible, only if you just enter a SID and dont add any other waypoints to it.

@ Tommi: I also have some issues with the GS. I described my GS issues earlier in this thread. So you are not alone :)

@ JL: Remember our chat if it could be possible to capture GS first before capturing the LOC, even it's not standard procedure? You were right! Last week I talked to an A320 pilot and according to him it's not possible. You have to capture the LOC first in order to capture the GS.

Many thanks again!
Rob

flapsdown
11-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi Rob,
I don't understand why you like to integrate a feature which is not real. I know that WILCO and PSS Airbusses don't mind if you capture GS first. But I think we should try to approach the original ;)
Greetings
René

AirFan
11-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi Rene,

I think you got me wrong. I dont want such a feature to be integrated but during some ILS testings for JL I also tried to capture GS first and the question came up if it would be possible in the real AC. That's all.

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi all,

Concerning SRS mode not engaging and THR RED/ALT, there is a workaround:
-prepare all your flight (INIT, FPLN, PERF, etc...)
-When all is done and you FPLN has been inserted (not TMPY anymore) and you're sure you will not change it again before takeoff, reselect the RWY and SID.
-this will create a TMPY again, which you need to insert as active without any other modification.
-you can now set the THR RED/ACC
-you can now take off, the SRS mode (and most importantly the TO Phase) will engage
-You can now do whatever you want with the FPLN if you need to do revisions...

Best regards,

JL

AirFan
11-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi JL,

I just noticed another issue. Once I used the dir-to option I am not able to modify the FPLN in any way afterwards. It always gives me "dir to in progress" even the selected dir-to waypoint has been past already. And the destination runway is not shown anymore as a white bar on the ND. It now looks like a normal waypoint.

Anyhow... Great piece of work, man!!! Thanks!

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Ah yes I came across this one today as well, to avoid it, afeter inserting your DIT-TO, go back to DIR page then without entering anything, go again to your FPLN page.

tom19
11-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for these tips. Will try them tonight.

Tommi

EDIT:
Ok, have tested and FPLN, DIR and THR RED works like you said.

But in final I get a lot of A.FLOOR... In earlier message you said:
- AFLOOR and APdisconnect: which FS model do you use? did you switch to ifdg model (included in b22.1, Air France livery) or still use the PA one (airbus livery)? You should use the ifdg one

Where could I find this IFDG model? I only have PA with house colors. I have installed it with installer but it seems to be this PA anyway?!?

Regards,
Tommi

AirFan
11-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi Tom,

the IFDG model should be in the directory "iFDG FSX". You can find it in the main directory where you have installed v23.1.

Regards,
Rob

tom19
11-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi Rob,
Thanks, found it. The first approach with the IFDG and still missing the GS :(

Edit:
Manually added FLYOVER don't work. When added for a STAR waypoint, plane don't fly over it. It starts it' turn about 4-5 nm before this point and fly to the next point of STAR.
Also having problems with autobrake after landing - yes I did land :) All for now,

Tommi

icchio
11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi JL
i have to report a minor problem.
when i try to rotate mcdu (right click, rotate...) just the display rotate and not all the software interface.
thank you for all your amazing work.
CIAO!

jeehell
11-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi,

I'll check the OVFY function. As for the MCDU, it's not intended to be able to rotate the keyboard in fact. I believe nowadays most CG cards can rotate the displays themselves, if not windows...

regards,
JL

jules744
11-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Hello Jeehell,

I would like to use your project direct in MFS , without window do you think that possible to put .XML or .gau instead of .exe, with openGl or other

Thank you Jeehell

Best regards,

Jules

jeehell
11-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Hello,

This has already been discussed, the answer is no. It's not my goal, and would take too much time to do so.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
11-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Hello,

I've just finished the B23.2 version!
It should correct the managed mode bug after takeoff.

Also, I added the long awaited autotune feature! and corrected a little bit the FBW pitch behaviour in manual flight.

Please note as well a change in the instruments window positionning system: now the position/size is no longer stored at software closure, but when you do "right click -> Save Position".

here is the link:

http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B23.2.exe

Best regards,
JeeHell

AirFan
12-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Hi JL,

Great news & a nice christmas present! THANKS AGAIN!

What have you change wrt manual pitching?

Cheers,
Rob

two more little thing regarding bug tracking:
At some airports I have some trouble with the selection of the STARS. It shows the available STARS but if I select one nothing happens... it only shows RETURN but doesnt show the temp flight plan. This does not not happen with all STARS. Only with some of them. Any clue?

and ... only a minor optical thing: I think when the flaps are retracted the upper ecam doesnt show the dots for the different flap configs.

here you can see it: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2691/4246600652_efd2d9385e.jpg

Regards,
Rob

tom19
12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi JL,

and thaks for new update.
After update looks like SIDs and STARs are missing.. Anyone else having this problem?
Allready downloaded latest airac and installed again, no help.

Tommi

AirFan
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Tom/JL,

Just installed V23.2 and I also have no SIDS / STARS available in there.
My last post regarding my issue with the STARS referred to 23.1. I had no clue that something with the airac data has been changed with 23.2... Sorry for the confusion.

Rob

jeehell
12-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Hello,

A small error appeared with B23.2 preventing correct extraction of navdata from leveld Airac. I also corrected the bug when trying to save the windows position.

I've just uploaded the corrected package again. Please download and install again...

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
12-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Hi JL,
sounds good! Thanks! I will check out the new version this weekend. But first I need to struggle with the FSX and Win7-64 itself. All of a sudden I have a bunch of famous APP crashes with ntdll.dll or g3d.dll and I cant perform a complete flight from A to B without any crash. I need to fix that first.... nothing to do with your wonderful software.

Thanks for your great support!

Regards,
Rob

BTW: I read something in V23.2 about the AIRAC data taken from x-plane. Can you explain it abit more? and what have you changed wrt to manual pitching?

jeehell
12-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi Rob,

BTW: I read something in V23.2 about the AIRAC data taken from x-plane. Can you explain it abit more? and what have you changed wrt to manual pitching?

I get the VOR/NDB/ILS/ARPT information from http://data.x-plane.com/get_data.html. This data is free under GPL licence so I can freely modify it (just removed parts of the data I don't need) and redistribute it.
In the AIRAC file you can download, you just need to retrieve all the files located in all the folders, and put them in the navdata1 & 2 folders of the FMGS server and ND. That's all...
Now concerning the SID/STAR/APPR, you STILL need the levelD navdata from navigraph. You can still use the ProcImport software to process it.

From now on, every new update of the software will come with the latest Xplane AIRAC installed, so you probably won't need to donwload anything from them...

As for the FBW, I jsut changed a bit the behaviour of the pitch system when you release the stick. Nothing fancy, just tried some improvements...

Regards,
JL

DannyT
12-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Dear JeeHell,

maybe this question is not new, but can I use your software with X-plane?

jeehell
12-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately no. I tried with XPUIPC and Xplane9 demo, and the result was... catastrophic :!:
I don't have time to prot the code over to Xplane for now. It's in my plans, but very long term.

Regards,
JL

AirFan
12-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi JL,

just a quick first feedback regarding the new&fixed V23.2. I just had the chance to take a short flight... GREAT!!!! The ILS autotuning works. The pitch seems to remain abit more stable in neutral stick position. Even the first ILS approach test worked. Have you changed anything with the ILS behaviour or was it pure coincidence? However, its great & I am really thankful!

but (as always) some tiny issues I noticed:
- When you enter descent you have this magenta dot on the right side of the pfd which is based on the planed decent profile. It seems to works ok until you get to pass FL100. Then I have the feeling that this displayed vertical profile does not consider the speed reduction to 250kts. So the planed profile continues to steep while the AC has to reduce the vertical speed in order to maintain the speed limit below FL100. Do you know what I mean or am I completly wrong?

- I am not sure about the real AC but when switching to VOR or ILS mode on the ND the top of climb and decent arrows remain on the display and keeping moving like in the other map modes in the background. Just the route disappears. I assume these arrows should disappear as well.

-and a performance issue. When I turn on the waypoints on the ND even at lower ranges the frame rate of the ND drops way below 1FPS. It really becomes a slide show. Even just turning waypoints on and off takes some seconds to update the ND. Before you ask: I run FSX on an I7-920. 6GB RAM. Without the ND-display options everything is really smooth.

Thats it for now... THANK YOU, JeeHell!! GREAT JOB!

regards,
Rob

jeehell
12-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello Rob,

just a quick first feedback regarding the new&fixed V23.2. I just had the chance to take a short flight... GREAT!!!! The ILS autotuning works. The pitch seems to remain abit more stable in neutral stick position. Even the first ILS approach test worked. Have you changed anything with the ILS behaviour or was it pure coincidence? However, its great & I am really thankful!

No coincidence at all ;) This is also why I turned over to the xplane database, it allowed me to completely recreate the ILS beam (LLZ+GS) outside FS, thus allowing much more precise ILS deviations. ANd much smoother AP on the APPR :)

- When you enter descent you have this magenta dot on the right side of the pfd which is based on the planed decent profile. It seems to works ok until you get to pass FL100. Then I have the feeling that this displayed vertical profile does not consider the speed reduction to 250kts. So the planed profile continues to steep while the AC has to reduce the vertical speed in order to maintain the speed limit below FL100. Do you know what I mean or am I completly wrong?

The VNAV is one of the msot difficult thing in the FMGS, I have rewritten that part 4 or 5 times already, and I began tonight the next rewriting ;)
So yes I'm aware of those issues, I am working on it, and I hope I can find a solution soon!

- I am not sure about the real AC but when switching to VOR or ILS mode on the ND the top of climb and decent arrows remain on the display and keeping moving like in the other map modes in the background. Just the route disappears. I assume these arrows should disappear as well.

Yes indeed, it should be fixed with next rewrite of VNAV...

-and a performance issue. When I turn on the waypoints on the ND even at lower ranges the frame rate of the ND drops way below 1FPS. It really becomes a slide show. Even just turning waypoints on and off takes some seconds to update the ND. Before you ask: I run FSX on an I7-920. 6GB RAM. Without the ND-display options everything is really smooth.

Do you run everything on that computer?
On mine (i7-860) I do also have FPS drop on the ND, but it's still acceptable. Anyway, this option is not used that often I think on the real A/C.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
12-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Seems like you never go to sleep ... It's quater past one in the morning and I though I am alone here :)
Really great news and I am sure you made many people very happy this weekend.

Yes, I run it on one PC at the moment. Here the ND framerate is not acceptable but as you said you dont really need it that often. Thats only nice to have... there are other things which are way more important like VNAV ;)

many thanks buddy & good night.
Rob

tom19
12-03-2011, 04:28 AM
HI JL,

one bug in new version. When inserting flightplan, FMGS server freezes when trying to enter new waypoint via airway. In this case from EFHK to EFTU, after ARTUR, Q1 MEDOT. When I try to insert MEDOT server stops. Also route EFHK/EDDF is quite difficult to insert in INIT page - needs more than one click of RSK1...

Regards,

Tommi

jeehell
12-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Hello,

OK Tommi, I'll look at the AWY issue, I advise you enter the AWY manually for now....

Regards,
JL

jeehell
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

The B23.21 is just out, hopefully correcting most of the big bugs of the B23.2.
The problem with AWY remains, I have to rework the whole thing to adapt to X-plane AWYs database format...

http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B23.21.exe

Best regards,
JL

AirFan
12-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi JL,

really nice... last night I performed a flight from A to B with V23.21. Again, no issues. The ILS seems to be way more stable! No reversion to GS*. Thumbs up! Only the flare needs some refinement. now its more a hard 3-point landing. I know you are aware of that.

Only the MCDU went abit crazy. The waypoint altiudes showed some 7 or 8 digit values changing their state all the times and there was not estimated arrival time (0:01). At about 2/3 of the way the arrival time has been updated correcty. Then also the waypoint altitudes showed their correct value. I guess it will be rework anyways with your new VNAV part.

2 questions:

- could you please explain the corrected altiude indicator wrt engines not running for a long time? I didnt get that.

- whats the logic of the auto retraction system of the flaps after take-off? Should it retract from 2 to 1+F after passing retraction speed? and then completly retract after passing the corresponding speed? Do I have to be in managed speed?

Thanks & regards,
Rob

jeehell
12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Hello,

2 questions:

- could you please explain the corrected altiude indicator wrt engines not running for a long time? I didnt get that.

- whats the logic of the auto retraction system of the flaps after take-off? Should it retract from 2 to 1+F after passing retraction speed? and then completly retract after passing the corresponding speed? Do I have to be in managed speed?

-In previous versions, if engines were not running, and batteries in FS were empty (can happen if you didn't select battery life unlimited in full version FSUIPC options, and you only had EXT PWR or APU), the artificial horizon dropped like on a C172 without gyro suction... I corrected that by using a different FSUIPC offset to get the attitude data.

-The flaps auto retracts from 1+F to 1 (this is not a physical position on the real flap lever) when speed is above 210kts, like the real acft.

regards,
JL

AirFan
12-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Hello JL,

thanks for your explanations. Now I got it. ;)

AirFan
12-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Hello again,

again some feedback wrt V23.21:

- ATHR disconnect at thrust red alt. - when changing the levers from FLEX to CL autothrottle need to be engaged again. Can you confirm this behaviour?

- regarding lateral navigation I sometimes notice some strange looking routes... the turn isnt tangential to the outbound track as shown on the attached pic.

Thanks & regards,
Rob

pdpo
12-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Jeehell,

you must have a profound knowledge of the airbus systems but some days ago I was looking for some answer which I did not find yet. I has to do with the flap logics talked about above.
As you say, at 210 knots the flaps autoretract to slats only but which speed is used as input.
I assume the following but could not find anyware the answer :
SFCC1 gets speed from ADR1 , SFCC2 gets speed from ADR2
But what happens if just after takeoff ADR1 fails. Pilots can select source ADR3 to take over for there display but what about other systems in need of speed input.
I read also somewhere that SFCC1 is a blocking issue for takeoff as it gives input to landing gear logic. While SFCC2 isnt blocking in MEL.

Greetz Peter

jeehell
12-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi,

Rob: I did not notice this issue from FLX to CL, I'll check again sometimes. Concerning the drawn route, yes sometimes there is a small error in the arc calculation, I might redo that someday when I can get a better navdata with ARING 424 legs, but for now, we'll have to live with it...

Patrick: I don't have the right answer taken out of the FCOM. Though I'm pretty sure SFCC single failure is no problem for the auto retraction of flaps, as both SFCC receive airspeed/ange of attack info from the ADIRUs. Only thing, the flaps/slats will move at half speed. They also do not explicit which ADIRU is for which SFCC, though Airbus is quite known to be redundant, I'd say SFCC gets ADR1&3 and SFCC receives ADR2&3, and they must switch internally from one ADR to the other in case of ADR malfunction (it does not cover the abnormal indications, only the plain failure...) OR the ADR Switching solves that as well. Could be a question to post in a tech forum :p

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
12-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I solved the mentioned ATHR disconnect issue. After a complete new install and reconfiguration my problem was gone.I have still no clue what cause this problem... Now it works as it should ;)

Thanks JL!

Rob

adonismartinez
12-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Regarding the SFCC question, if you lose one ADR1 at takeoff you will receive the ECAM and you will have to switch to ADR3, and set the malfunctioning one to OFF. Im not sure if a computer reset can be applied to reset the bad ADR. Now consider the scenario of a dual failure of the ADRs : this means Alternate law, with protections lost with a possible unreliable speed emergency if the third one fails. In that case the ADR 1+2+3 Fault procedure on FCOM 3 is a veeeery elaborated-step-procedure which mainly suggest to use your GPS information to get a speed and altitude and solve the problem. Not going deep into it , your PFD will display a backup scale for the Airspeed and a dashed altitude indication with an "estimated" value. IF Airbus did this, maybe an in-flight solution for a failed ADR is not possible, just turn it off.

In the speed tape,(in a normal scenario) the FAC will compute the high and low speed warnings, the F and S speeds are based on the flap leveler position, so what about it the logic for the auto retraction remains more in the flap leveler rater than the SFCC computer?

Best regards
Adonis

sacramento
12-15-2011, 07:48 PM
5916Hi:
First off all, congratulations for your software...
I have a problem with the configuration off my joystick, that is a Microsoft Sidewinder...
When i try calibrate the joystick the apllication freeze, and sort a lot of strange thinks, like i try to show you in the attached images...something wrong?

Thanks

jeehell
12-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Hello Sacramento,

I'm sorry but I can not read the error message in your screenshot. What does it say exactly?

Also, did you install hardware support for SIOC, FDS or CPflight?

JL

sacramento
12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Hi JL...

Thanks for your reply...
Yes i had install hardware support for Sioc, FDS etc etc...

The error in the image is:
Floating Point Division by zero

jeehell
12-16-2011, 08:08 AM
If you do not use any hardware from opencockpit, FDS or CPflight, remove the hardwaremodules folder. Chances are good it comes from that. If you use some of the hardware, inside the folder, you can remove the DLLs which are not related to the hardware you use.
For example, if you use FDS hardware, keep JeehllIIT.DLL and interfaceIT.DLL, and remove all other DLL.

Also, the error you mention, at what precise time does it start happening? After clicking a "set" button?

sacramento
12-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Ok...This evening i go do that you mention...exclude the hardware modules...
is a strange procedure, the application, such as it is frozen for a few seconds, and then breaks free, but then freeze again, and after a while then get the error I mentioned

jeehell
12-16-2011, 08:21 AM
If removing the DLLs work, maybe you can also test to see which one(s) triggers the error?

sacramento
12-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Yes...if the error continues, after remove the Dll's i go see which one trigger the error!

Thanks

sacramento
12-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi:

I had remove the folder hardware modules, and the problem as resolved!

Thanks for your help

tom19
12-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Hi JL,

yesterday I flew two test flights and everything went quite smooth. However I noticed that my TCAS didn't show other planes. Is there some settings that I missed? I was flying offline and using default FS9 AI trafic...

Tommi

jeehell
12-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi,

I have removed temporarily the TCAS as it made false alarms and wasn't working correctly. I will work on it maybe for next version.

JL

jeehell
12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Hello,

The B24 is out.
A320FMGS_B24.exe (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B24.exe)

It should correct most FPLN bugs occuring in previous version.

Best regards,

JL

jeehell
12-21-2011, 02:14 PM
New version out, check http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/23833-A320-FMGS-beta-24

tom19
12-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Thank JL,

this is great Christmas present!!
Have a Merry Christmas,

Tommi

kikigey89
12-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Do you have the problem, too, that "LOADING AWYS" is always visible in MCDU for both databases? If I try to enter an origin and destination airport "NOT IN DATABASE" appears...

jeehell
12-22-2011, 07:11 AM
I found the bug, a bad filename in the navdata installer. I'm currently uploading the corrected package, but you can simply add the file called wpNavRTE.txt from levelD database to both navdata folders of the FMGS Server.

The corrected package is at the same URL than previous B24...

Cheers,
JL

goflight
12-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Very nice present!!!

Thank you for your amazing work!

kikigey89
12-22-2011, 12:01 PM
It is definitely the best version until now!
I'm on my third leg now without restarting the server and I had no trouble :)
THANK YOU :)

jeehell
12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
I quickly corrected 2 small bugs:
-FPLN in blue dashed line if no APPR entered
-STBY ISIS offset for STD.

Same URL again...

Cheers,
JL

jeehell
12-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I had inadvertently uploaded the older package, very sorry for that, it's OK now...

Also, the font was changed (new character: " ). It seems windows does not actually replace the font by the new during installation, you need to manually remove the old one and install the new one after.

Best wishes,
JL

sacramento
12-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi:
I have here a few problems that i try to explain...maybe my errors of the use of the software but...
1 - In MCDU i had enter a FL in my Flight Plan...it was 15000 feets...I had make a route and MCDU increase in the FL the FL initial...I had attached a image..I have Poins with FL446 etc etc etc.
2 - I had just see one time the route in ND...picture attached too...Something wrong?I need to do something for the route appear?
3 - I have a computer with PWD/ED, but the server don't connect the PWD...any tip to resolve this?

Thanks

jeehell
12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Hello,

1 - In MCDU i had enter a FL in my Flight Plan...it was 15000 feets...I had make a route and MCDU increase in the FL the FL initial...I had attached a image..I have Poins with FL446 etc etc etc.

I'll look at that

2 - I had just see one time the route in ND...picture attached too...Something wrong?I need to do something for the route appear?

You must align the IRS both on the OVHD panel and in MCDU INIT page

3 - I have a computer with PWD/ED, but the server don't connect the PWD...any tip to resolve this?

most of the times errors like that are because of bad IP/port in the network.cfg, or because the computer is not in the same workgroup as the server computer.

JL

stubenflieger
12-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi,

i also have connection problems.

I use 2 pcs. One with the flight sim, the server, the fcu and the fbw module and one with pfd, nd, sd, ewd, stby instruments, mcdu and overhead. Both are in the same workgroup, both have correct ip adresses, the same subnet mask etc.. And the nd and the cdu do not connect to the server. All other components on the second pc connect. But the ewd connects, then disconnects, then connects etc.

Strange thing: i can enter routes etc. Into the cdu, but the nd definetely does not work (dark screen, when all other screens are powered and irs alignment is finished)

I have registered fsuipc (latest version) and wide fs server (although not needed anymore)

Cheers,

Markus

sacramento
12-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi:

Thanks for your reply...
It's weard because the computer that i have problem with PFW, it's the same that i have no problems with ED, and both PFW and ED are side by side, and one work and other don't!

Concerning ND, thanks for the tip, i think i had read something in your instructions, but sory i had forgot!

Annother subject...today i had try to make a flight with your software and i have a few problems with the FCU...in Take off and cruise everything work well, but the problems start, when i start my descent...The A/P disconnect himself, the airspeed can't mantain the value that MCDU have in the route, the LOC,APP don't catch the Localizer and glideslope...Well, certainly i have something wrong, because it's not possible, in this time, and with all tests that you and the guys here in the forum had make, this kind of problems ins't!The question is:What is the good setup for working with the A320 FMGS...
The FCU could work with the PFD and the ND in the same computer?Or we need one computer just for FCU?

Thanks

jeehell
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Hello Markus and Sacramento,

Maybe your issues are performance related. It is possible that if one of the computer is not powerful enough, it breaks the connection of some of the DUs. Can you check how many CPU is used (task manager then processes tab)? What are the specs of the computers you are using?
Also, when one instruments cannot reconnect (like MCDU/FCU or else) try to close it and open it again (just that instrument).

JL

sacramento
12-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi JL:

This is my setting for fly:
1 - Main Computer is a Pentium Core 2 Duo, with a Geforce 8800 GTX, with 4 Gb RAM, and running FS, FCU, server,FBW!
2 - Other PC with PFD and ND...This computer is a AMD with 1Gb RAM, Graphic Card is Geforce 4400 TI
3 - Annother PC with MCDU and Overhead it's a AMD with 1GB RAM
4 - Annother PC with PWD-ED is a pentium III

all computers with Windows XP...

It was good that we have some knowledge with the machines and configurations that we can take the best performance, if not we can't analyse if we have problems, because the computers are not in the best profile, or if is some bugs off the software!

PS: you have some of this problems related?

Thanks
MS

jeehell
12-29-2011, 02:44 AM
The pentium III is maybe a bit too slow for the EWD.
I recommend dual cores at least whenever possible, as my software makes best profit of multi cores computer.

I personaly can run all soft on one qud core i7. Problem is then number of screens...

JL

sacramento
12-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Hi JL:

Yes i had see the Pentium III don't give the best performance...
Ah you run all software in one computer....Off course you had make tests with the modules in a network with clients no? Because the thinks change when we work troughout network, and i think that's the problem!

Thanks
Sacramento

jeehell
12-29-2011, 04:47 AM
I have tested networking, it works for me as well as for a lot of other people.
Maybe the not very good performance of dual core for the main PC combined with bad performance of PIII for EWD is a bad combination.
Also do you use wifi or cable connection for the network? Wifi can be really problematic.

kikigey89
12-29-2011, 04:54 AM
I can say that both PFD, ND, MCDU, Sound module, EWD, SD and STBY work brilliant via network :)

sacramento
12-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi
It was a great help if you share yours setups here...could you do that?

stubenflieger
12-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Main pc is a quad core. The pc with the instruments is a pention 4d with 2 GHz and 2 GB Ram. win XP.

Network is 100MBit.

I will try restarting the parts of the software. But the strange thing is that the mcdu ist "not connected" to the server (so the server says) but i have full functionality, wherease the nd definetely is not connected.

Another interesting thing: when i start the nd it takes a log time to initialize (go to the correct position etc) the sd or the overhead are faster. But this seemsnto be an old issue.

Cheers markus

sacramento
12-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Hi:
Thanks for share your experiences...
You have 2 computers in your network...I had 4 computers and this could make some problems in the communications, I think!

In the flight everything work well for you? I mean you can make a complete flight without problems?

jeehell
12-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Hello,

The number of PCs is not a matter of importance. A friend is running the whole suite on 7 different PCs...
If there are disconnection, it's because one of the software is not running at ease. It can be the server or any other display.

Make sure you did not force any soft on a specific core for example. They make best use of random access to all cores, assigned automatically by windows. It can do harm to allow only one core to a soft, especially the server.

The ND takes some time to launch because it first loads all the navdata. On single core computers, it freezes temporarily the software as it cannot do parrallel processing.

Regards,
JL

stubenflieger
12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately something went wrong wth that pc, it does not start any more, but I will change the computer next year to a dual core,them there should be no problem with the modules.

Cheers,

Markus

jeehell
12-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Hmm maybe it is related to your problems, with hardware issues you never know sadly :?

Keep me posted...

Cheers,
JL

stubenflieger
12-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi again,

There is no hardware issue (one cable was not plugged in :-) )

I think I found out what the problem is:
It is the overhead.

I did serveral tests. Started everything except the ovhd, all modules were connected. Thenni startetd the overhead and: nd, ewd and mcdu disconnected.

I quit all modules started only overhead and mcdu. Overhead was connected, mcdu not. I quit overhead. Mcdu connected, i started overhead mcdu disconnected....

I hope this helps.

Cheers, markus

Airmichel
12-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Hello Jl,

with the version B24 I cannot enter start and destination airport on the Init Page.There comes a message "not in database". How and where to install the Airac? I've installed LevelD 1113 with the installer, but it does not appear in the MCDU.
Thank you for your help and your great software.

Greetings Micha

jeehell
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi,

Markus, can you try to run the OVHD on the main computer to test?

Micha, when did you dowload the B24? if you installed the levelD data with the installer, you msut have two navdata folders in your FMGS Server folder. Can you check that?

JL

stubenflieger
12-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I tried and now i found out somethng dofferent.

This time i started the overhead etc. Without running the fs9. And everything worked fine, every constellation (running the overhead on the main or on the second pc) worked till i startet the fs9 and loaded a flight. Then after the flight was loaded the same things happened.

Could this be a wide fs issue? Or a fsuipc issue.

After i quit the fs the connection was established again.

I have latest fsuipc and wide fs versions downloaded yesterday.

Cheers

Markus

jeehell
12-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Try without widefs running, mayb it is that which causes interferences?
Try also to remove FSUIPCmodule.dll in both OVHD and FMGS Server folders.

I will also look on my side in the FSUIPC connection code if I can find anything...

JL

tom19
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi JL!

Few more flight behind and this is the most stable and smooth version I ever tryied. Well done!! But there is always the but :) how hard it is to reduce max bank angle to 25 deg.? Now the angle is 30 and I find it little "hard". So this is not a problem, just asking.

Thanks JL and happy new year to everyone,

Tommi

Airmichel
12-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Hello Jl,
I have the B24 version downloaded and installed again. Now there are two folders with database. One Database in the MCDU works but has no Sid, stars and transitions. How do I know the LevelD Database is loaded?

Greetings Micha

jeehell
12-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Hello,

Micha, when installing the software, the ProcImport tool should be launched automatically if you put a correct path to the genuine levelD navdata. If so, after the procimport is finished (takes 2-3 minutes), in the FMGS Server\navdata1 you should have a LOT of text files (around 4/5 thousands). This means it worked.

Tommi, in turns, it will bank at 27° to be precise, not 30°. I believe at high altitudes/high speeds, it may reduce the max bank angle, but I have not found an accurate description of this limitation so until then...

Cheers,
JL

stubenflieger
12-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi Jl,

I deactivated wide fs, i deleted these files, i activated wide fs nothing changed.

It seems as if there was a problem with the latest fsuipc version. Now i found out that it is not the overhead, it is the connection between the server and the fsuipc. Whenever the server prompts that he is connected to the fs via fsuipc nd, ewd and mcdu lost connection. And anoter strange thing.
When i quit the fs the server still prompts that he is connected to the fs via fsuipc. I have to restart it.

I simply do not know what to change lese to make it flyable.

Thanks for help.

Cheers,

Markus

jeehell
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
What port do you have for FSUIPCConnect in the network.cfg?

stubenflieger
01-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Hello and happy new year!

It is port 8010 (i think this is the default port)

8003 is the port for the fmgs system
8002 is the widefs port

Cheers

markus

jeehell
01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Hello and happy new year to all!

Markus, in what order are you launching the software? It is better to launch FS first.

Cheers,
JL

Arbizzano
01-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi Markus,hi Jl

Hello and happy new year to you!

I'm very interested to your conversation, because I've the same problem of Marcus. I agree with him: it seems as if there was a problem with the latest fsuipc version.
to Jl: what is your fsuipc version? I've got the 3.99 one.

Cheer,

Umberto

jeehell
01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Hello,

First off, the B24.1 is available HERE (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B24.1.exe).

Concerning your question Umberto, I use the latest versions available on Peter Dowson webapge. It probably is 3.99 for FS9.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi JL,

Happy New Year, buddy!!!! And Many thanks for all your great work from 2011!!!! If you accept any donations --> drop me a line.
I was pretty busy the last days and didnt have the chance to try V24. However, I just did some first tests with V24.1
It looks very nice, however some bugs to report:

- on ND the heading arc is now missing - only the map is shown
I noticed you corrected the bug with the visibility of the Top of climb&decent symbols in the other view modes - THUMBS UP :)

- regarding the started discussions about a320 bank limiations I found these 2 papers online:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/bank1.gif/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/bank2.gif/

So the max bank should be function of True Air Speed. What have you found so far???

take a look and let us know what you think. If it helps I can also try to ask a guy a lufthansa flight school.

Many thanks & best regards
Rob

jeehell
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi,

There is small bug in the ND preventing the ARC mode to show up, I corrected it and updated the package. If you donwloaded the package prior to this message, please download it again.

Rob, I believe I've only found the same reference apparently from an honeywell FMGS manual. I will try to find more info, and if I cannot, I'll add these limitations.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi JL,

I will ask a "almost" flying friend at Lufthansa. Maybe I'll get some more reference regarding the bank limit questions. Doesnt such a change to a "dynamic" bank limit mean a change of the shown arc trajectory on the ND for any turns as well???

Just had the 2nd leg... 1st was great. during the second the server crashed close to approach :( But during the 1st I didnt notice any trouble. SWEET! Thanks! Still referring to the OLD V24.1 before you new upload.

Regards
Rob

12bPilot
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi JL,

Thanks for the latest update on your software! It flies now more stable, good job.
I have found some things during a normal ops flight, which were different from my experience when flying the real A32X Family here at Swiss.

-Autobrake System: After Take-off, the Auto Brake System disarms. In our handbooks, it reads "after take-off/touch and go" is one of the various disarming conditions. I can't say if it either the gear uplocked from LGCIU or a time-based trigger of the flight mode in normal law...

-Autoflight: after a DIR TO, the Flight Guidance should engage or keep NAV mode.

-EFIS Panel/Indicating System: when pressing the LS Pushbutton, the Deviation Scales for LOC and GS should display on the PFD, regardless of a valid ILS signal. The indices appear when the signal is valid and the scales are displayed. Also, when the pushbutton is pressed, ILS information on the lower left should appear, given that the frequence and course is selected by the flight crew/fmgs. The Frequency is always shown, as it comes from the nav database, as well as course. The course also appears on the heading bar either as a course dagger or numeric value on the side. ILS Identification appears if signal valid and decoded.

-Indicating System: E/WD -> Fuel on Board FOB and Fuel Flow FF values are in tens, e.g. FOB 4680 kg, FF 1120 kg/h

-Autoflight, FMGS: PERF TO Page, Engine Out Altitude -> It is for info only, but when entering an altitude, the entered value should clear from the scratchpad. At the moment it stays there...

That's what I've come up with this far...I hope it helps :-)

Kind regards
-J

jeehell
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

-Concerning the autobrake it shoud disengage in the software as well, but if I remember well I chose the FMGS phase transition from TAKEOFF to CLB, as I could not find more accurate info. If you say it happens before that, I can link it indeed to a gear uplock event.

-DIR-TO force NAV mode: yes it's on the list, with a rework of some FMA modes.

-EFIS LS pb and the rest: OK I will look at that, not too difficult I guess.

Again thanks, and if by any chance you have more info on the AP bank limitations according to the TAS (as we've been discussing below) please get back to us ;)

Cheers,
JL

Arbizzano
01-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Hello Jeehell,

Thank you for your reply

I solved my problem,the same of Markus, by installing the latest version of Widefs for FS9 (ver.686).

Now, however, installing the system to my cockpit I have another problem on my laptop AMILO M7424: when I launch MCDU.exe I have an error message (see the attached document)60406041

Thanks for your..patience

Regards

Umberto

jeehell
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello,

Your problem may be related to your video card drivers. Try to get the latest version.

Cheers,
Jl

sacramento
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi:

Sory bore you, but i had try a few flights and always when i start my descent, and i don't know why, the Auto-pilot disconnect himself...Something that i must do for this not happening?

Thanks
Manuel Sacramento