PDA

View Full Version : 737 overhead panel

777-Pilot
07-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Hello Flightsimmers!

I am planning to build a Boeing 737 NG overhead panel and use it with the PMDG NGX and FSUIPC. I want to use the Arcaze USB-Interface with knobs, switches, etc. I am planning to use a wooden plate, glue a 1:1 overhead photo on it and mount the switches to the corresponding places.

1. Question: Has somebody made any experiences with the Arcaze USB-Interface?

2. Question: How can I get the corresponding lights and displays to work?

Regards

David

claushansen
07-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Hi David

I dont know this interface, but it seems to work like orthers. When you have connected a switch it will displayed as a joystick with many buttons, and FSUIPC will
see every switch. This way you can assign each.

For the lights you will need a output card. I have used OC's Output card it's quite easy to setup.

Regards
Claus
www.737sim.dk

777-Pilot
07-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Hello Claus!

Thanks for your answer! What software do you use for your output card? Do you use FSUIPC offsets?

David

claushansen
07-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi

I'm using SIOC which follows from OC. I'm reading the offsets from iFly, but if FSUIPC has offset for a specific light the you can use that. I'm sure that PMDG can deliver the same !

Under tutorials ón ny site you can see some exampels

Claus

777-Pilot
07-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Claus!

Your Website and your project is exactly what I was looking for! Well done! One question, how can I find the tutorial you spoke about? When I klick the link on your website I am redirected to your Links page...

Regards

David

Edit: Thanks, I found the tutorials.

claushansen
07-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Good to hear, and yes it nees's some mainteance !

Try this

www.737sim.dk/page16.html

See the section belos the page

Claus

777-Pilot
07-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Claus!

One question: Does your APU starter switch "jump back" ofter switching it to start like in the real one? And if yes, how did you do that?

David

claushansen
07-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Nope, it's a on-off-on, but you can get a on-on switch, but it works fine

Claus