PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Slovakia :)

jan789
07-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Hello colleagues! I am a big fan of aviation, I have been flying on FS since 2006, but the flying in virtual cockpit with mouse is beginning to be boring for me. I would like to try something new. I would like to build home cockpit, but I have one problem and I hope you will help me. I do not know where should I start. I have programmed some simply things with Arduino and I have some basic knowledge in C/C++. The main problem is, that I do not know how to reach communication between FS and Arduino for example. (I also do not know if arduino is good choice for home cockpit. What do you think?) I would like to ask you, what should I start to learn, which programming language, and when I can find some more informations how to start etc. Thank you in advance :)

notgotaclue
07-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi,
I know nothing about programming and have built a half decent sim. So being able to programme is not a requirement.
You can buy loads of kit which is basically plug and play, or in the case of a Bodnar Card a little bit of wiring and using FSUIPC to to assign the switches.
I have a Fly Engravity instrument panel which is connected to a MIP Interface board - again no programming, just a case of putting the wires in the right place.
Try not to look at the big picture, If I had done that at the start I would have gave up before I began. Just concentrate on one thing at a time and it slowly begins to fall into place.
Allan.

jan789
07-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Thank you for your reply. I also know about this possibility, but I think that plug and play panels are too expansive. :/