PDA

View Full Version : Searching a thread about AH conversion

TobiBS
07-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Somewhere in this forum I once found a thread about a conversion of an artificial horizon (if I remember correctly from a fighter jet) without changing hardware, but instead by developing a circuit/micro controller/etc. to power the synchros used in the horizon. Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

The reason I am asking is I bought a device which uses synchros and I want to build a circuit with a microcontroller for it to run the thing as is.

wm873j
10-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Hello, I've not run across any info on this topic but I have had some success in adapting ADIs (older Lear ADI military type and a Sperry HZ6 ADI/Flight Director) to micro controllers via a home brew interface circuit all without the need to modify the instrument in any way. Also
HSI and other types of instruments.

If your still looking for ideas let me know.

TobiBS
10-31-2012, 11:45 AM
That sounds great and yes, I would be very happy to get an idea about all this, especially circuits and code for a µC. I can also tell you more about the device I have as well as its built in parts and if you are interested in helping, I can do some measurements, tests whatsoever to see what we really have here. I can also provide the diagram from a schematics manual.

Just tell me where to start and if you like send me a PM to continue this conversation, or let's stay here.

iwik
10-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Guys,
It would be of great help if you would continue your discussion in this thread.As many more people will be helped out without and
thus avoiding many people repeating the question.

WM873j: I think a lot of people would appreciate some details on your conversions,i for one, as im always thinking about
using real gauges.
Les

wm873j
11-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the interest and I hope I can be of some help.

TobiBS: As Les suggests, staying within the thread works for me.
I'm new to this site and never joined any Forum before so I would appreciate
being reined in if I'm not following protocols.

Yes, please send me the diagram and I'll see if I can contribute.
I have a block diagram of my hardware to share...can you tell me how to
upload it? I may help in our discussions.

Bill