PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to Buy!!!

fallen
07-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I am looking for a copy of "Building Simulated Aircraft Instrumentation" or a PDF copy.

I will pay $150 for an actual copy of the book

Send me a PM if you have a copy to sell.

fordgt40
07-12-2012, 04:32 AM
You have a PM

David

Fredd3039
07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
David,
Your PM did not go through. Give me your paypal address and I will send you rthe funds.
Frank

blueskydriver
07-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Forgive me for asking, but this looks a little suspcious... A new person, with only 1 post, wanting to buy something that is available, and saying your PM did not go through. I've never seen a PM "not" go through here on MYC. Then, asking for the PayPal address with a different name that only has two posts and who joined in Jun 2010?

If I am wrong great, but if not, you could be getting scammed... Looks really odd too me.

Edit: If you look at the other forum post by Frank, it is associated with someone named bobby..., but that person is banned, and is only a one post. This all looks like another thing of scammers coming through with different names associated together (except FordGT40); they sort of bounce off each other to look real...

BSD

notgotaclue
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I cant see how giving your paypal address would lead to being scammed, unless he will get the book and do a chargeback later saying he didnt receive it. Be sure to send it where you get proof of receipt.
Most peoples paypal address is their email address anyway, not a lot then can do just by having your paypal address.
Allan.

blueskydriver
07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Normally, in most cases, paypal addresses are peoples email, but it's not that scamming is the only thing. There are a rash of these bogus users that hit MYC every so often, and for whatever reason, we end up seeing their posts that look real. Some are likely the ones that make money by just posting certain words. Then, there are the others that lead to a scam down the road...I am just pointing out the oddity.

BSD

Fredd3039
07-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Paypal does not work like you think. Anyway my paypal address is fredd3039@gmail.com it just happens to be my email.
What I want to know is why did I get an email from the forum saying I had a new private message but there is no private message on here. It did give me the text of the message in the email though. Yes David I will take the book please send me an email to my address listed above and I will send you a pm tell me if you get it.
Frank Redd

fordgt40
07-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Frank Redd

I have just returned after an evening out. I do not understand what is happening here? The original poster asking for this book was "Fallen" from SC and I PM`d the original poster. I do not get what is happening here and would not wish to sell the book to the wrong person:)

Matt

Can you throw any light on this, has the board thrown a wobbly?

I just want to do the right thing here

Regards

David

Bernie
07-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi All,

I have purchased items privately through this forum and have been given the PayPal Email address of the seller through a PM and have completed the transaction through PayPal with no issue. The Email address is needed for the purchaser to make payment. This address is of no further use to the purchaser.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

fordgt40
07-12-2012, 07:51 PM
All

I have just checked my PM folder and there is no record of me sending a PM to "Fallen" - though apparently I did send the PM to myself - which I find hard to believe, but is possible I suppose:(. Too many odd things happening here tonight

David

blueskydriver
07-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey Guys,

First, there seems to be a misunderstanding. I pointed out the first post and how the post from Fred3039 was different from that first one. Thus, it seemed odd that first user name, who only posted once, ask to buy the book, and David says he sent a PM too, and then the second user name Frank3039 says he did not get the PM. Too me it looked out of place, and based on how I've seen so many Bogus members that sign up on MYC, to do nothing but scam, I thought to point this out.

I have no issues with anyone buying or selling, but I tend to try and help MYC catch these bogus member accounts when I can. I will continue to do that... May I also point out that this thread was a part of the "Off Site Articles For Sale", and that led me further to my conclusion. Especially, since there is a nice "Wanted" section in the classifieds.

Finally, I received an email from Frank explaining that he is a real person, with his phone number and etc; thank you for sending the email Frank. However, may I suggest to you and anyone else who just joins, that you post a little about who you are and what type of sim or project you're working on. You don't have too, but due to the typical behavior of some scammers that attack forums like this, it would be better because if someone joins and starts asking to buy or sale right away in their first post it looks really strange.

Therefore, Frank please send your information to David to let him know you're a real person and you guys discuss the book. I am sure he'd be happy to speak with you.

BSD