PDA

View Full Version : Custom Sized Bezels

nolatron
07-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Just wondering if anyone does custom sized bezels. I'm planning on doing a smaller desktop single seat 737 MIP and I probably need bezels that about 152mm wide.

Anyone know who can do scaled down bezels?

thanks!

Shaun

Steelwings
07-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I may be able to do them. Are we talking about a scale-down of a standard 3" instrument bezel with clear lens? If that's what you're looking for, I can do it for you. I can send you photos of the bezels I make.
Steelwings.

nolatron
07-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh, sorry. I meant the PDU display frames, these guys:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3443/3986378659_09f1c7795b.jpg

I think normal size is ~8" wide. I probably need them scaled down to maybe 6.5".

Steelwings
07-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I just finished the CNC layouts for standard Instrument type bezels that I can scale up or down including the needles and lenses. That's what I thought you were looking for...Sorry.

BW901
07-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi,

Just stumbled across your posts Steelwings, not sure if this is more what you were talking about?

I'm looking for round bezels for standard size gauges. I just started testing 2 monitors behind my panel and need to get a better idea of finish before finalising the captain's side monitor position and properly positioning and sizing each gauge image. Can't seem to find anyone out there that makes them. That VSI will be replaced shortly by a TCAS unit, hence the cut-out.

Cheers
Jon
http://www.g-bvob.net

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/360shed/Paneltest.jpg

Steelwings
07-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I do. Actually I make several types: Just Bezels, Full Housings with Bezels and One-piece Face-plates. Servos can be mounted behind the one piece units. The full housings will contain an entire complex movement and the bezels can be simply attached as finishers for a video mask such as your application. (Three Photos Attached) Materials vary from plastic to phenolic. The lens is a snap-in polycarbonate disk. Is that what you were looking for?

BW901
07-16-2012, 07:19 AM
OK thanks, looks like they may work. Plastic bezels would be what I'm looking for so they can be cut or filed to fit a particular application. I wouldn't need lenses as I am using 10mm clear acrylic in front of the monitors, though these could also be handy for a couple of dummy gauges with faceplates, rather than blanking plates. Hmmm, got me thinking...

I'll drop you a PM when I'm back home later today.
Cheers
Jon

Steelwings
07-16-2012, 09:24 AM
682268236824 Here's what the bezel looks like in plastic. It can be made self-adhesive if it is just aesthetic. I also make custom blanks. The image is engraved on the inside of the blank and is finished with a lens. (white plastic painted black then engraved through) I also make the gauge faces. Any gauge, any style. Including the pointer.

nax228
07-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I bought custom scaled bezel from Wendy for my lower EICAS. Feel the prize was scaled to :D Cannot remember exactly, but quality exceeded price by far.
It fit perfect

AK Mongo
07-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Steelwings,

Any chance you can show the servo attachment for your one piece bezels? They look great!

Reid

Steelwings
07-18-2012, 11:59 AM
I'll post some photos later today of the housing backsides showing a 3-gear as well as a direct drive servo configuration. I am also working on a Robinson 6-Gauge engine cluster if anyone is interested. (you supply the micro-servos) gauge faces, needles, gauge multi-bezel and glass will be included. I will be making a VERY limited number of these. As for all the people out there that want bezels and housings...... I wasn't prepared for so many requests! HOWEVER, give me a couple of days to see what I can do to make a run of these for everyone that wants them. If you are interested in the housings or just the bezels, please let me know so I can get some idea of what I am getting myself into. Also indicate if you need the clear snap-in lenses or not. Please do this by PM as to not clutter the message board. Please keep in mind that I am not a vendor...I make these for myself just for fun but since the design and CNC work is finished, I'd be willing to crank out a few more while I'm at it. Thanks, Sal