PDA

View Full Version : Deleting waypoints in PM CDU

PaulEMB
01-06-2007, 10:06 AM
So - typical scenario - you plan a route, and near to your arrival airport, ATC vectors you away from your flightplan ( I'm using FSX, but the same for FS9), you change HDG, and then wish to delete the waypoints you have passed on the CDU - I have tried various combinations of DEL, EXEC, but cant seem to get rid of the one I want? to - Any suggestions?

This may or may not be connected to not hitting the ILS, despite both NAV1 and NAV2 being correctly tuned, and CMD 1 & 2 engaged.

Appreciate yuor help,

Paul

Bob Reed
01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Here is the way I do it ( don't know if it is right but it works)! So you are flying off your plan and you have been vectored so you have missed waypoint A,B,C,D.So you want to put point "E" in place of point "A". Hit the LSK key next to "E" to put that waypoint in the scartch pad. Now hit the LSK1 key. That will put waypoint "E" on the top of the list. Hit Execute. Bingo... Hope this helps....

NicD
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
That's the way I do it too Bob, and is standard procedure in the real thing too as far as I know.

PaulEMB
01-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks, Bob and Nic,

I used this method succesfully, and was also able to grab the ILS, and lock on, although I think I have a problem with one of my panel buttons (out with the test meter!)

Paul