PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

clcarp
06-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I joined this forum in hope of finding some information on how I can help my mother liquidate the inventory
of my Step Fathers FAA Repair station that is no longer in business due to health issues.

I've got a couple of MD-80 Cargo doors that I'm positive have proper 8130's along with various smaller parts
such as fuel doors, caps, filters, aircraft grade metals, rivets, etc.

As to not step on any toes within this forum, I'm merely looking for guidance in what my options are. I told my
mother that I would try, so here I am.

Thanks for any help given.

Craig

vidarf
06-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi,

Hopefully, someone in here has contacts in the industry. In the meantime, you could contact aircraft boneyards. www.oncealoft.com could be a good start perhaps. Nick is a great guy, but I cannot speak on his behalf of course.

Good luck!

clcarp
06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Anyone else have any ideas? I could really use the help.

Mike.Powell
06-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Craig,

Trade-A-Plane has been around for years and years serving the aviation community. It was the advertising rag you looked in if you needed a plane or a part. These days it has a web presence at http://www.trade-a-plane.com/

Since you're working with flight rated parts I think you'd have your best chance of connecting with suitable buyers there. Even so, I wouldn't ignore Ebay either.

Best of luck,