PDA

View Full Version : WINDOWS 7 OK FOR MULTI MON FLIGHTSIM??

manhattan
05-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi all.

I am currently using WIN XP, but want to upgrade to WIN 7. I have heard that '7' is not as good as XP where multi
monitors/graphics cards are concerned? I use Matrox 3 to go plus 3 other cards for instruments and side views. Has anybody had much experience with WIN 7 in this context?
I could continue using XP, but it would limit the amount of ram that I could use. The NOVOTECH 3000T PC that I have in mind can allow up to 16gb of ram.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TONY, PLYMOUTH UK

NedHamilton
05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I've never had a problem with Win7 and dual monitors on several machines for several years. I've not tried more than two monitors.

AVIATor-Olav
05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I use Win 7 with two graphic cards running 3 monitors and 1 projector. No problem

manhattan
05-23-2012, 05:45 AM
Hi Africaflights!

Don't go near Wi7 if you expect to have a smooth ride with more than 3 monitors! I use 8 monitors in my setup (3 from 3togo, 3 instruments and 2 for side views.) Works fine with Win XP but Win 7 cannot cope. My system is hi spec, so it's not the pc that stops 7 from functioning. I also notice that FSX is very troublesome where multiple monitors are concerned (I use 2004).

TONY.

roppeca
05-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Hello friends...I 'm using W7 Ultimate x 64 since one year ( previous WXP x32 ) Mother with two nVidia graphics cards +( 16 Gb RAM )+ Matrox TH2Go + 6 monitors with FSX . TH2Go is feeding 3 monitors for display FOV and the other three monitors for to show instruments . FSX is mostly processor powered , which means you need a powerfull CPU ( mine is AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor 3.4 Ghz ( without overclocking ) and I never had a problem...FSX runs OK , not like a dream , but fine !

NedHamilton
05-24-2012, 07:05 AM
So do you have 2 TH2Go each one being fed with one of the nVidia's?

What software is feeding the 3 instrument monitors?

What kind of FPS do you get?

roppeca
05-24-2012, 07:21 PM
OK Ned...I have 2 nVidia video cards with only one Matrox TH2Go working in my 6 lcd monitor setup . Each video card has 3 outputs : VGA , DVI and HDMI. The DVI output of the first card feeds the TH2Go to display my FOV ( left , central and right monitors ) . The VGA output of the first card feeds my 4th monitor to display ADI/HSI . The DVI output of the second card feeds my 5th monitor to display GPS/EFIS and Engine Start Instruments . The VGA output of the second card feeds my 6th monitor to display the Overhead panel .The 2 HDMI outputs of the 2 video cards ,they are not working for now . I don't have any program to have a multimonitor setup. The "tricky part" is to go to the nVidia desktop panel and configure for multimonitor desktop. Whit this setup my FSX runs over 30-35 fps , with " traffic " setting to low. Maybe this help you...if you have more questions about it , you are welcome !