PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Auto-start?

CadetPreston
05-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Umm hello! :D I want to disable auto-start in FSX? Like so when I go into free flight? the engines aren't already started etc? and the lights on? I wanna do EVERYTHING manually? How do I turn this off?

Sorry if it's a nooby question but I really can't find out how to do it?

~Aidan

blueskydriver
05-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi Cadet Preston,

You have go into a flight and shut everything down manually (cold and dark start), and then save the flight with a name of whatever. Now, when you save it, make sure you use or check the save as default box, and that will save your next flights in that state.

Although, if you have previous flights saved already, where everything is running, and you load those, they will not be changed to cold and dark state. Usually, the home cockpit folks save a flight at a "home" airport and gate in the cold and dark state, and then they load that, but change the season/time of day and location (if they're starting from a different airport per se). Of course that means waiting for it to load 3 different times, but your aircraft states remain the same.

Additionally, if you move, you would save at that location. Therefore, after a long time you would have a lot of airports to start from, and then you would only have to change the season/time of day. You might think this is a long way of doing, but after a while it isn't when thinking about the time it would take to cycle everything to cold and dark state, if you couldn't save it in that state...

BSD