PDA

View Full Version : How is this sort of FOV achieved?

ghetto
04-30-2012, 06:37 AM
I was wondering if anybody knows how this sort of FOV is achieved in FSX,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3uIhrSl9hY&feature=channel&list=UL

I currently have 3x gt750 projectors using nvidia surround projecting onto 1 central 1200x720mm screen and 2 same sive screens at 45degrees to the left and right..When I fly the extra no matter what zoom angles I use I can't get views to the left and right of me like that..

Neil Hewitt
04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
I was wondering if anybody knows how this sort of FOV is achieved in FSX,

I currently have 3x gt750 projectors using nvidia surround projecting onto 1 central 1200x720mm screen and 2 same sive screens at 45degrees to the left and right..When I fly the extra no matter what zoom angles I use I can't get views to the left and right of me like that..

It almost looks like the side screens are at 90 degrees to the front screen. But the edge blending is so good it suggests that's not the case. Perhaps they are just very long side screens @ 45 degrees. Hard to tell from the video as-is.

Edit - from the YouTube page comments, it seems it's a cylindrical rear-projected screen; the apparent edges are projector artefacts. The screen is curved right round the seat, which gives motion cues too.

ghetto
04-30-2012, 11:52 AM
It almost looks like the side screens are at 90 degrees to the front screen. But the edge blending is so good it suggests that's not the case. Perhaps they are just very long side screens @ 45 degrees. Hard to tell from the video as-is.

Edit - from the YouTube page comments, it seems it's a cylindrical rear-projected screen; the apparent edges are projector artefacts. The screen is curved right round the seat, which gives motion cues too.

Yes its the ef1 system by simpit.. It is a cylidrical rear projection screen. But my question is if you had the hardware how do you creat the view views in FSX?

wledzian
04-30-2012, 01:09 PM
For very wide views, you need multiple windows.
(tooting my own horn here...) See my thread on the topic here:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/23199-Windowmaker-tool-updated!