PDA

View Full Version : My single projector set up

clayton4115
04-21-2012, 06:41 AM
hi all

I am using a Dell S300 projector (just 1) for the outside view however I am having alot of poor graphics displays as you can see from my video, especially towards the end (last 30 sec or so) outside view landing,

is there anything i can do to reduce this? or is this the inherent limitations of using a short throw projector with a resolution of 1280 x 800.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXhba_b0Svg

thanks
Clayton

Sean Nixon
04-22-2012, 03:10 AM
It appears as if the settings have changed during the clip. The image is terrible during and after the landing. Up until then though, everything looks fine. Not sure what the cause might be. Check your settings haven't changed somehow. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but i'm sure it's not the projectors fault.

Sean

KenK
04-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi Clayton:

Can you get a "Y" cable and run a standard monitor along with the projector?

Maybe that will help isolate your problem to vidcard or projector.

Regards Ken K

Efe Cem Elci
04-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Lets not forget the y cable also deteriorates the image substantially.

I'm gonna guess graphics adapter...

clayton4115
04-23-2012, 01:20 AM
hi, so do you think it is my GPU?

Efe Cem Elci
04-23-2012, 02:41 AM
What are your graphic settings at? The only thing that led me to thing graphics adaptor is it gets worse as you are coming in to land, which usually means more details (thus more work for the adapter) than at higher altitude.

wledzian
04-23-2012, 10:22 PM
It looks to me like an artifact of the antialiasing. The FS series has always been a bit odd about how it handles antialiasing, particularly if light bloom is enabled. Since this is done as a post-render effect and the runways are drawn as billboards, what you end up with is beautifully antialiased, mipmapped imagery with non-antialiased runways. Try turning off the advanced "DirectX 10" effects and see if that changes anything.