PDA

View Full Version : Fs2Phidgets & IRS Panel

oal331
03-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Hello,

i'm a new user of Fs2Phidgets software and i need your help to start using it.

1) First is any manual available to read how i can use it and program it ?
2) Which version is better to install the ver4.xx or 5 ? I'm running FSX on a Win64bit PC
3) I just installed the Fs2Phidgets ver 4.3.66 and i connected the PhidgetTextLCD 20X2 White with Integrated PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8, Running the Fs2Phidgets the card is recognized. So i made a new entry for offset 0E90 (winds) and i managed to display the number 5 which was the current wind speed. But how i can also write before the digits the test Wind. (ie i want to write Wind 5, or Wind 15). Can i have both text and values ?
4) I made a search in Fsuipc offsets and i found 2 different offsets to use for IRS Posistion one is the 0560 offset for Latitude and the other 6010 for GPS Latitude. But..... i can't understand how to use them :cry: Does anyone can help me to use any offset and make the LCD display the IRS Position in format N3520.3 E 2510.4 like in B737's AFT IRS panel?

Thank you

Eddie

AchillesP
03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Does anyone can help me to use any offset and make the LCD display the IRS Position in format N3520.3 E 2510.4 like in B737's AFT IRS panel?
Eddie

I will fix it for you.

AchillesP
03-26-2012, 09:55 AM
It is ready
http://www.thefsps.com/Freeware/iFlyIRS.zip

oal331
03-26-2012, 01:49 PM
It is ready
http://www.thefsps.com/Freeware/iFlyIRS.zip

Many many thanks !!!

Btw, dows anyone has a manual for Fs2Phidgets ?

Tom_G_2010
03-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Many many thanks !!!

Btw, dows anyone has a manual for Fs2Phidgets ?

For version 4 the only manual I've seen is built into the Help function within the program. For V5 I believe you'll find it in the zip file or in the install directory as a PDF file.

oal331
03-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Thank you for reply,

online help has only the very simple and maybe for an old version of Fs2Phidgets.

I can't understand why everybody use the 4.xx version and not the v5.xx. It is better ?

Tom_G_2010
03-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Thank you for reply,

online help has only the very simple and maybe for an old version of Fs2Phidgets.

I can't understand why everybody use the 4.xx version and not the v5.xx. It is better ?

I had the same question. I can make the scripts in V5 dance, but I am struggling with V4. As I understand it the developer started to build out V5 using maybe a new programming language??? but ran into a number of issues and made the decision to stop further development and refocus efforts on V4. I had complimented him on the simplicity and flexibility of the V5 GUI and I believe he was exploring creating such a front end GUI for V4.

I think I have all that roughly right, hopefully the, CocnutAir (Alan), will pick up on this thread and chime in.

oal331
03-27-2012, 02:28 PM
With Achilles' great help and programming skills and after almost 5 hours online with Skype, we managed yesterday night to read the information from iFly IRS and display it to Phidgets LCD Display. There is one minor issue to resolve it next days (a blank digit to remove), but is working now and it was too late to wotk on it . FIXED already by Achilles, so re-download latest version !! Thank you Achilles

One problem remains and propably has to do with Fs2Phidgets s/w, or is my mistake in the way i setup the value and format, as i don't know how to setup the different Fs2Phidgets parameters.

The offset we want to send at the LCD is 20 characters length, but some times the first 2 characters are blanks. Fs2Phidgets ignores the first blanks and move the remaining characters to the left. If we send to display any character in first position, all other blank characters are normally hide.
So we have to display a dot or something similar as first character, to keep the 2nd blank and display the remaining from the 3rd position of display.

Please check these 2 examples: 64086409

The question is: how can i read only one offset and send 20 characters to LCD, some times the 20-characters text has the first 2 characters blank and other times non-blank? In example the POS information with IRS starts with N or S and is non-blank but other times the IRS information starts with 2 blank characters like winds info.

regards

Eddie