PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Perth, Western Australia

thomas747400
03-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Hi guys

I am a hobby flight simmer and have been researching for many years on how to build a home cockpit. My dream is building one day a 747-400 cockpit but unless I get the 6 numbers in Lotto it will probably never happen. I enjoy flying a wide range of aircraft from GAs up to the PMDG 747. I have been tossing with the idea of building a few panels that are compatible with a wide range of addons. Please find attached some picturesof my first prototype panel based on a board by Leo Bodnar. Using FSUIPC, this panel gives me lots of joy and makes my flying experience so immersive.

As mentioned, this is only a prototype and I hope to build a more visually appealing and functional panel in future. I am looking forward to find information and help on MyCockpit.org and I hope to contribute one day to this fabulous community.

Kind regards
Thomas

JWS
03-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Welcome mate and greetings to down under. You'll find several Aussies here. And it's all in the mind, so you do not need the Lotto if you want to simulate a 747 (but it would be handy :p). Nice panel.

JWS

Geremy Britton
03-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi Thomas

Welcome to this forum, thanks for the pics, a 747 is a brilliant sim to build, all too often we see the boeing 737 and it's a welcome change to see someone embarking on a build for the true jumbo jet.

If you need any help, we are all available here in the forum to assist you.

:)

Kennair
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi Thomas and welcome. Yes there are a number of Aussies in this forum and a few of us here in Perth. I know of two others in Perth also building 747's so you might get in contact if you haven't already. Good luck all the same.

Ken.

Westozy
03-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi Thomas and welcome to MC.org,
You will find plenty of help here and plenty of help and advice from your local parts supplier - Aerosim Solutions!!!

Come up and visit in Ballajura if you wish!
Cheers Gwyn Perrett,
Aerosim Solutions
Perth, Western Australia

thomas747400
03-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi guys,
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I browsed through the forum and download sections and the wealth of information is overwhelming.
Gwyn, I checked out your website, it’s great to see such innovation coming from Western Australia. I particularly like your four engine throttle body. I hope you resume trading one day.
Would love to come over for a visit one day
Thomas

Westozy
03-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Hi guys,
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I browsed through the forum and download sections and the wealth of information is overwhelming.
Gwyn, I checked out your website, it’s great to see such innovation coming from Western Australia. I particularly like your four engine throttle body. I hope you resume trading one day.
Would love to come over for a visit one day
Thomas
Hi Thomas,
I haven't really stopped trading, many people disregard the notice so I am still doing quite a lot of work but it has slowed to a reasonable pace. I'll PM my phone number to you...

Cheers Gwyn
Aerosim Solutions