PDA

View Full Version : monitor set ups

Wrohrbeck
03-21-2012, 12:44 AM
need help configuring monitors for my cockpit. have a 5850 ati graphics card. only three monitors allowed.
come to find out this card takes up all the space in my gateway fx so no cards can be added, what i would like to do is have 3 monitors for the front outsisw view an3 monitors for the panel captain an fo will be exactly the same clone and a center monitor for gauges. have thought of several options

1 get rid of the graphics card and buy a 5870 6 that will display 6 monitors
2. triple head 2 go and have two dvi attachments for the panel if that will work use one for the three monitors andd one for capt and fo panel clone 1 for the misc gauges
3 get a projector for the front view (already purchased 6 monitors 3 23in and 3 20in)

need help in going the cheapest way since i have already blown the buget for this portion of the project

thanks <>< :-)

notgotaclue
03-21-2012, 07:05 AM
need help configuring monitors for my cockpit. have a 5850 ati graphics card. only three monitors allowed.
come to find out this card takes up all the space in my gateway fx so no cards can be added, what i would like to do is have 3 monitors for the front outsisw view an3 monitors for the panel captain an fo will be exactly the same clone and a center monitor for gauges. have thought of several options

1 get rid of the graphics card and buy a 5870 6 that will display 6 monitors
2. triple head 2 go and have two dvi attachments for the panel if that will work use one for the three monitors andd one for capt and fo panel clone 1 for the misc gauges
3 get a projector for the front view (already purchased 6 monitors 3 23in and 3 20in)

need help in going the cheapest way since i have already blown the buget for this portion of the project

thanks <>< :-)

Hi,
Another option is to buy a cheap second computer and run the panels over a network using widefs and suitable instrument software.
That way the main computer will be for the forward views and run faster.
Allan.