PDA

View Full Version : Eyefinity vs SLI

al3xfoster
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi All

My current visuals machine employs an ATI 5770HD card to provide front left, front and front right views on three monitors. I suffer from a massive fps drop whenever I introduce any more than a slight scatter of clouds into the mix. I have read that ATI cards don't tend to handle clouds that well so my question is; Could I switch to 2 x Nvidia cards in a SLI formation (to continue with 3 monitors) and expect to limit the FPS drop?

Regards

Alex
www.al3x-foster.tumblr.com

manhattan
03-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Hi All

My current visuals machine employs an ATI 5770HD card to provide front left, front and front right views on three monitors. I suffer from a massive fps drop whenever I introduce any more than a slight scatter of clouds into the mix. I have read that ATI cards don't tend to handle clouds that well so my question is; Could I switch to 2 x Nvidia cards in a SLI formation (to continue with 3 monitors) and expect to limit the FPS drop?

Regards

Alex
www.al3x-foster.tumblr.com

Hi Alex.

I am thinking of going to ATI Eyefinity HD 5670 for my triple outside view, but I am worried about frame rates! Can you tell me the sort of rates that you are getting using ATI? I like the idea of "Eyefinity".
At the moment, I am using Matrox Parhelia 128mb, but I will be changing computers, and will have to contend with PCI express, and buy new graphics cards!
Any idea's that you have, would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

TONY,Plymouth UK