PDA

View Full Version : System Freeze running on 64Bit Windows 7 Professional

MH-60KCE (ret)
02-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Good Evening, I have a Brand New Dell Studio XPS 9100, Intel i7 8 Core CPU, and 24 Gigabytes of Ram. I have not used this box prior to a couple of days ago to run FSX as I had it on a Laptop with a 32Bit XP OS. Once everything was loaded, Program SP1, Accelerator Pack and SP2. It started running ok for a bit and about 15-20 minutes later just locks up for no apparent reason. Nor Error messages or anything. This evening I loaded Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode in hopes of isolating what may be happening. I know you folks have probably talked this issue to death and I apologize if this seems like more banter.

Thanks,

Bill

oldgreydog
11-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I built myself a PC a while ago with an Intel i7 CPU running Windows 7 64bit. I have problems running FSX on occasion. It seem to be particularly when I'm using Aerosoft add-on aircraft. I'll get part iof the way through a flight and a window will pop up say that FSX has stopped working and Windows is trying to find out what the problem is. I have tried leaving it but it doesn't come back. It seems to be one of those very annoying issues that are difficult to replicate.
I've emailed Aerosoft and so far they've asked about the version of Windows I'm running and whether it's 32 or 64 bit. So far I haven't had a reply to that (though it's early days yet).

Steve5006
11-19-2012, 04:59 PM
I may be reviving a bit of an old dead thread but one thing with windows 7 is that it tends to keep a vicegrip on access to the "Program Files(x86)" directory. You may find it helpful to install FSX to a different folder than this. Also might be helpful to tell windows to run FSX with administrator privileges to make sure it isn't running into any other security issues. And as with many windows programs that crash right from the install, reinstall and try again.

hope this helps a little