PDA

View Full Version : my regional jet pit

amb52
02-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Hello all,

It's been a long...LONG...LONG year and a half of research. I am finally to the point where I'm starting to put ideas together and figure stuff out. My plan is to build a regional jet cockpit. Much like Per's pit, but I want to incorporate a few turboprops. I plan to make most of the parts myself. Thanks in no small part to this forum I will be able to do so. Anyways, I am working with a rather small space so I have decided to start by building a scale mock up. I am also going to build the shell first and work my way out. I've attached a few photos showing my beginning stages. I hope you guys like it. If not I don't care either. Ha it's my pit. And don't worry I have a small GA desktop sim to keep me flying while I build. Thanks guys!http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/images/icons/mycockpit.gif

737NUT
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Cool! Keep us updated on your progress.

gokhotit
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
hmmm..It might just be the picture, but it looks a little small for a regional jet.. :)

Geremy Britton
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Making small cardboard mock ups was exactly where i started. You can visualise and see the amount and shapes of peices that need to be cut much easier this way.

Keep us updated on your progress :)