PDA

View Full Version : Brighton 737NG

Flydave123
02-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Time I introduced myself as I seem to spend a bit of time here reading. I'm Dave Cheetham, and just started my 737 build. You may recognise the name if you visit Flightsim shows as I work for Flight1, so maybe met a few of you already. I am using HispaPanels for the electronic and panel kits as they are a lot cheaper than buying plug and play. I am using Sismo Soluciones ethernet boards for the simcards.

At the same time, I am writing a complete picture and video tutorial of each part of the build showing the order of soldering components etc. I am a total beginner but find the best way to learn and overcome confusing bits is to write an explanation of it for others. I will post the tutorial on www.SimStop.com once finished.

Just trying to modify a couple of knobs from Sismo so they can take a central 4mm shaft to operate TFC and CTR button presses. The knobs come with a brass nut fastening but I need to remove the brass core and replace it with a grub screw and spline I cut from a Maplin switch.

This is a first test of the unit backlighting. Need a bit more paint around the edges of buttons to stop light showthrough.

Goldmember
02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome Dave! How are the Seagulls doing, is the new stadium ready yet? I love Brighton ;-)

No Longer Active
02-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Brighton & Hove are playing well at football at the moment, that's for sure! Agreed: Brighton is a cool place!

Goldmember
02-08-2012, 05:23 AM
They better! If they let their fans, who come around in pooring rain, wear those silly 'smurfs'.

Flydave123
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately you are talking to the wrong person. Football is my pet hate!

I used to live near the old stadium 15 years ago before they were ripped off by their Director who sold it and made a fortune for himself. After I moved, they moved to take over the small community athletics stadium at Withdean literally about 100 yeards away and I HATE the sound of a football crowd while I am in my garden... or in my house on evening matches. Bloody racket!!!!!

But the new stadium is built and they have now moved.

Rant over! :roll:

Goldmember
02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm not a football fan either but we were there with friends from Brighton. I was amazed too, to see the stadium inside a residential area like this. It took ages to get out by car. But I also have very good memories from the Marina, the pier and the whole environment ;-)