PDA

View Full Version : Hola from CK in Texas

CharlesK
01-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Hello,

I have to been browsing this site for ideas to build a simpit for just awhile. As a pilot and airplane owner, my motivation is to build a home simulator that will be realistic enough to get me well on my way to my instrument ticket which I have been meaning to pursue since my PPL. It also has to be good enough quality for the instrument rated pilots in our club to use for recurrent training. As a long time flight simulator enthusiast, anything that meets that criteria is going to be a blast!

I have been flying computer simulations since the very early 1990's, and have owned all the Microsoft titles, but currently am trying to stick with X-Plane and Simavio for my training. I have flown all the flight sims at Oshkosh for the last 5 years and one setup I consistently like is X-Plane with separate monitors for the cockpit. Most recently a trip to American Flyers in Addison confirmed this would be a terrific setup for IFR training and saving Avgas.

I hope to get as much help and feedback on my project as possible, as this is a daunting task. I'll include some pictures of tonight's build, as I finally started making sawdust.

Cheers,

CK

CharlesK
01-29-2012, 02:37 AM
More build pictures...

AK Mongo
01-29-2012, 02:56 AM
That's great progress for one night , sir!

Welcome to MyCockpit.

Looking forward to more updates.

Reid