PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

cessna57
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi Guys,
I have just registered with MyCockpit and would like to introduce myself. I am one of 'Mutley's Hangar' moderators and Reviewers. I am building a Flight Panel loosley based on a Cessna 172. I am here to pick your brains (hopefully) and I will post some photo's of my panel as it is at the moment, shortly.
I have used mostly Saitek instruments for my panel but I am now progressing onto using Opencockpits master card and expansion card to enhance my simulator.
I am looking forward to having the craic with you all.
Cheers for now
Kindest Regards
:)

No Longer Active
01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi and Welcome!

I am the moderator of the GA forum and the General Building forum and its great to have you here!

I am building the Cessna 152 using Leo Bodnar cards and X-Plane 9! If there is any help required, please give us a shout and please do post pics in the GA forum!

All the best to you,

Alex

AK Mongo
01-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Is the "craic" another of your Limey terms? If so do you have a translation for us colonists?

No Longer Active
01-21-2012, 08:03 AM
AKM.....

Craic is Irish so I believe, Ive heard it a lot, It can mean 'having a crack with you' which means having a laugh or having fun with you.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Geremy Britton
01-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the forum, if you need any help feel free to ask! :)

Best Regards

AK Mongo
01-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the translation, and welcome aboard cessna57!

Reid

cessna57
01-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your welcoming salvo's, much appreciated.
Thanks to Alex for replying regarding 'craic'.
As I live in the Highlands of Scotland we also use the term to find out what is happening.
i.e. 'What's the craic' or 'How's the craic'. The word derives from the Gaelic culture mainly used in Ireland but is used also in Scotland.
I look forward to enjoying the craic here.;)
Regards