PDA

View Full Version : Gear up and down indicators

johnnyg
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
does anyone know where i would find the Gear up and down indicators to make them respond to led's using led 64 and FSX on XP system

Geremy Britton
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
We May be able to help you there Johnny

AK Mongo
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Johnny,

Have you downloaded FS2Phidget yet? Downloading that and playing with it is a great first step. It will also be really helpful to have a copy of FSUIPC.

Once you can frame some more specific questions, it will be easier to get answers to you.

Reid

skino
01-10-2012, 10:12 AM
The easy way http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/18560-Small-program-to-display-Gearstatus-on-Keyboard-LED?highlight=gearled ;)

johnnyg
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi There!
yes I have downloaded Fs2Phidget4365 and Fs2Phidget5021 and FSUIPC registered version but why does both versions of Fs2phidget show up differently which one do I need to use do I use both?See attached screenshots.Want I want to do is to make led's light up like on a 737 aircraft's instrument panel or go off and on when gear goes up and down for nose gear left gear and right gear and for them to have a delay like in a real 737 aircraft.

johnnyg
01-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Hello There!
Did anyone get a chance to look at my last post for help I added more info.

AK Mongo
01-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Johnny,

It has been awhile since I played with Fs2p, but will try.

The developer of fs2p (Alan/CocnutAir) got as far as fs2p5. It turned out to not be loved by its users, due to a new GUI. He is no longer updating the 5 series, and reverted to fs2p4. If you are just starting out, I would dump 5 and just use 4.

For your lights, here is how I would investigate. The FSUIPC SDK comes with a program called FsInterrogate. It will allow you to see the status of offsets in real time. You can then start a flight with gear down, check the value of the offset, raise the gear, check the value in transit and then when fully raised. This will give you the numeric values to plug into fs2p to light the appropriate lights.

Hope that helps,

Reid

CocnutAir
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Reid,

Johnny has been corresponding with me. He is on 4.

Johnny,

The gear is example I use in documentation.

Regards,
Alan

johnnyg
01-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi Alan!
Thanks for the reply what does this mean The gear is example I use in documentation and where do I find this?Hate to sound like someone who has loose marbles in his head but do you mean that I need to go to a file somewhere and look this info up?I also noticed that when I load the program Fs2Phidget4365 and the other file Fs2Phidget and change it to Fs2Phidget.exe and install it into the program file to replace exsisting file in folder I have to move the FSVariables4364 file into FSVariable folder for it to show up listed in the drop down box in program. If I don't do this it don't show up in the drop down box of program.Am I correct in doing this or what?Look at the 2 samples I have here.

Thanks Johnny G.

CocnutAir
01-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Johhny,

Let's establish a starting point for walking thru this. How much do you know about FSUIPC offsets ?

Regards,
Alan

johnnyg
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Alan!
I guess I don't know that much all I know is that when you open Fs2Phidget4365 and go to fs var file on the drop down box and select FSVariables4364.ini and what you want it to do in the next drop down box the offset setting shows up in the next box.Hope this helps.
Thanks Johnny G

CocnutAir
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Johhny,

Yes. you are assigning an FsVariable to a Phidget component.

FSVariables are FSUIPC offsets. Every offset has an offset value and a length.
FsVariables send and receive values to or from MS-FS via FSUIPC.
Some FsVariable values are simple on/off.
Some FsVariables, like the landing gear, have a value range,
which represent the position of a landing gear, from fully retracted,
to fully extended, and positions in between.
The permitted values for a particular FsVariable can be observed in the FsVariable Manager.

You can then configure an led to illuminate for a range of positions.
e.g. you can specify that the Down led illuminates any time the gear is in between slightly extended to fully extended.
You can observe FSVariable values in realtime using the FsVariable Manager or the main screen.
Try extending and retracting landing gear and observing values.

It might also be a good idea to get hold of the FSUIPC Offset documentation.
This can be obtained from the latest FSUIPC SDK.
Documentation is useful to check that an FSVariable has been set up correctly
and for setting up FSVariables that might not be present in the ini file.

Regards,
Alan

johnnyg
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi Alan!
OK I got some of this but need to know how to observe FSVariable values in realtime using the FsVariable Manager . I can see the values change in realtime on the main screen but how do I see them change on the FsVariable Manager?Where do I put in the values for specifying that the Down led illuminates any time the gear is in between slightly extended to fully extended. Where would this info go?

CocnutAir
01-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Select Help from the menu bar:

Phidget Components -> Configuring Components -> Digital Outputs

CocnutAir
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM
If you can observe values on main screen, don't worry too much about FsVariable Manager for now.

johnnyg
01-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi Alan!
Thanks again for your help I got the led's to go on and off at a delay like they need to be and found out where I needed to go to set them. Until next time thanks a Million for your help.Talk to you soon.
Johnny G.

johnnyg
04-01-2019, 10:07 AM
???????????