PDA

View Full Version : New MS Flight webisode and news.

AK Mongo
01-04-2012, 10:35 AM
There is a new webisode and news release at the MS Flight site.

I wish it gave me any hope for the future of the MSFS franchise....

takes_to_skies (http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#press-takes_to_skies)

Sigh...

Reid

notgotaclue
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
What a total load of rubbish.....
Glad I didn't get too excited and have a pretty decent FSX set-up. ....
Allan...

No Longer Active
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
What a load of cack!

All that hype for a..........computer game!

It looks like it should be played on Xbox or Playstation......

Hang on....It will be on xbox soon!

Its a game to play with a couple of beers with your mates when the mrs is out!

AK Mongo
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I am trying to remain optimistic about it, since we don't really know much about what it is going to turn in to.

XPlane may need a more serious look though for the next upgrade.

Reid

notgotaclue
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
What a load of cack!

I haven't heard that for ages, I must use it more often....:p
I am reading the Avsim forums at the mo.. I can hear people crying through the keyboard.
I thought it was going to be the next step-up for flight sim, instead it is a step backwards.
What was microsoft thinking????. How long before the "next generation" is bored flying through hoops collecting coins.
I see it being the biggest flop since Eddie The Eagle.
Allan

No Longer Active
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
XPlane may need a more serious look though for the next upgrade

Now your talking!

I am Xplane through and through, I havent used MSFS in yonks! Forgot what it looks like lol!

Alex

Airhogg
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't give up yet! FSX has missions too, but you don't have to play them! The scenery looks gorgeous to me from the video and the fact that you have to buy scenery areas makes me want it more! Aren't there a million FSX scenery add-ons that we have to buy now anyway? And don't EVEN try to tell me that X-plane doesn't look like an X-box game! Scratch that...I think Atari is more appropriate. If you think that flight simulation has a long lasting future for people that just want to practice instrument approaches then you might want to consider why we are where we are now. Flight is the only viable NEW option out there for a reason.

Love,
Airhogg

Efe Cem Elci
01-05-2012, 03:25 AM
I also got an email yesterday saying I had been selected to the Beta testing team. Have not taken an in depth look yet but will do so later today.

notgotaclue
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Don't give up yet! .

Love,
Airhogg

Too late, I already have.
The thing with FSX is ,yes there are loads of payware scenery (and some amazing freeware too) BUT I can chose to buy them or not, it wont stop me flying from London to Los Angeles. With Flight you have no choice, either buy the MICROSOFT add ons or dont fly. Simple as that. I also shudder at the quality of (IF) a 737 is offered as an option.
I fire up FSX and fly to and from one of the 50 or so airports I bought. Does this mean I now have to buy them all again? What about Radar Contact, ActiveSky, FDCompanion, FS Commander, REX that I have - .....
I don't think so.
Move along - nothing to see..

Love & Kisses.
Allan

Airhogg
01-05-2012, 03:34 PM
I can chose to buy them or not, it wont stop me flying from London to Los Angeles. With Flight you have no choice, either buy the MICROSOFT add ons or dont fly. Simple as that.

Good point, but it might be worth it if the quality is as good as the videos show and who knows, a scenery region may include a whole continent! You're probably correct that "Flight" will not go over very well for those who have developed intricate cockpits with all the 3rd party software add-ons. I geneally "fly" in the same area and just buzz trees, mountains, and clouds so I'm looking forward to a more visually appealing program that might even end up more inclusive in the long run. I guess it's all personal preference and I know I'm outnumbered here on type of cockpit and how it's used, but I'll ALWAYS welcome ANY new flight simulation program! Best of luck either way.

notgotaclue
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
maybe it is just me, but the videos I have watched did not make me go WOW.
I expected so much more, a sort of FSX, with better graphics and able to take advantage of my quad core computer.
What we got is Super Mario Airline in a plane that I have never heard of. The clouds are awful and I am so disapointed. It smacks of a PS3 or Xbox GAME.
I cannot see who it is marketed at.
Kids will get bored with it after 20 minutes and go back to shooting aliens - adults will think it is a kids game and flight sim enthusiasts such as myself will not ditch what has been amassed over 5 years to start over. For a start there will be no freeware addons. What oh what was microsoft thinking? Way to kill it stone dead.
Each to his own and I truly hope I am proved wrong and this is the best flight sim ever - but I very much doubt it.
Allan.

mako36
01-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I am perfectly happy with FS9 with my add on scenery, mind you I have no payware. FSX is way too slow and I have a mediocre system which runs great for my FS9. Scenery is awesome, framerate is limited at 30FPS, however the scenery is not up to par with the latter. I am sticking with FS9 and if I want to go shooting I'll play with my XBOX.

mpl330
01-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Interesting post from Orbx....

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358739-since-the-cat-is-out-of-the-bag/

mpl330
01-07-2012, 06:28 AM
and another from PMDG....

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358874-some-thoughts-on-flight/

Looks like Flight isn't going to be the future.....

blueskydriver
01-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Saw this video just this morning, it says everything!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN7tgLh4pfA

Sent from my iPad

BSD

Airhogg
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
I also got an email yesterday saying I had been selected to the Beta testing team. Have not taken an in depth look yet but will do so later today.

Hey Efe Cem Elci... Have you (or anyone else) had a chance to check out the Beta? I've apparently not been selected to test it :( and am anxious to hear actual thoughts on how it looks/performs. Thanks!

notgotaclue
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey Efe Cem Elci... Have you (or anyone else) had a chance to check out the Beta? I've apparently not been selected to test it :( and am anxious to hear actual thoughts on how it looks/performs. Thanks!

Does it really matter how it looks or performs?
It can be the best looking, smoothest flight known to man, if I cannot add any of the excellent freeware and payware I have spent 5 years building up, then it is just an arcade game of no interest whatsoever to me.
All microsoft had to do was take FSX, polish it up a bit, solve the frame rate and autogen pop-up issues - job done. I would have gladly paid £40 for that - then again, we would have moaned that all they did was "polish it up a bit, solved the frame rate and autogen pop-up issues".
Allan.

Airhogg
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Does it really matter how it looks or performs?
It can be the best looking, smoothest flight known to man, if I cannot add any of the excellent freeware and payware I have spent 5 years building up, then it is just an arcade game of no interest whatsoever to me.
All microsoft had to do was take FSX, polish it up a bit, solve the frame rate and autogen pop-up issues - job done. I would have gladly paid £40 for that - then again, we would have moaned that all they did was "polish it up a bit, solved the frame rate and autogen pop-up issues".
Allan.

Again, it's about personal preference. No one is making you change your setup. I would just like to know how the thing looks and feels. Is that o.k. with you?

notgotaclue
01-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Again, it's about personal preference. No one is making you change your setup. I would just like to know how the thing looks and feels. Is that o.k. with you?

Perfectly fine by me.
I like flight simulators, I have my PS3 for arcade games.
Allan.

Efe Cem Elci
01-10-2012, 03:03 PM

Well I am contractually bound not to make any assessment publicly. However, you can Google MS Flight for detailed views, experiences and screenshots (even videos)... apparently not everyone is worried about legal action, though mine is more of a principle thing rather than legal.

No Longer Active
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Now where does FSUIPC fit into this, does this mean Peter Dowson has another migraine coming on?

Airhogg
01-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Well I am contractually bound not to make any assessment publicly. However, you can Google MS Flight for detailed views, experiences and screenshots (even videos)... apparently not everyone is worried about legal action, though mine is more of a principle thing rather than legal.

Roger that...I understand.