PDA

View Full Version : OpenCockpits IO Cards - which parts are needed ?

claushansen
11-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi

I'm going to activate my LEDs in my overhead. I'm running FS2004 and iFly. I can see that a tool are under way to convert iFly into FSUIPC offset.

So i'm going to order IOCards from Opencockpits, and need to manage 45 LEDs, which cards do i need ?

I guess:

1 X Mastercard and ???

Thanks

Claus
www.737sim.dk

Atomic_Sheep
11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm not a 100% sure but since I'm in the process of getting my master card to work myself (more precisely build it from scratch) and based on the information I've seen, the master card should be able to provide enough to manage your 45 LEDs. The way I understand it, you can connect more master cards if need be in series. Basically the whole idea of the master card is to increase the number of bits or is it bytes that can travel through through the parallel port so that would logically mean you can directly connect the LEDs to the master card and have all of them recognised by various software that it needs SIOC?

kiek
11-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I guess:
1 X Mastercard and ???

1 Mastercard and a USB Expamsion card

or

1 USB Outputs card.

If you do not need inputs for switches then the USB Outputs card is the best option.

In both situations you will need SIOC to drive the leds based on information from your panel.

regards,
Nico Kaan

claushansen
11-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Great, thanks for your reply.

Then i will go for the USB Output card alone, and hope that i can manage the SIOC code, together with the Ifly2FSUIPC tool !!

Regards
Claus

kiek
11-29-2011, 06:09 AM
For inspiration: how to read from a fsuipc offset and drive the parkingbrake led (http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html#readFSUIPC)

Nico

claushansen
11-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Perfect, great site you have, many thanks for this.

Now i just need to understand how Jósef's iFly2FSUIPC works, and then look into the code stuff.

Claus