PDA

View Full Version : CNC Software

pilotmarc767
11-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Hi Everybody
could someone tell me where i could found a proper CNC software to buy any help on this side will be great

regards
marc

Westozy
11-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Hi Marc, I use VCarvePro6 from www.vectric.com in the UK. I highly recommend it for it's functionality and ease of use, it eliminates the need for using CAD and I also use it as a design platform. A little pricey but worth every cent! I use Mach 3 to drive my machine, also a simple interface.
Cheers Gwyn
Aerosim Solutions

pilotmarc767
11-08-2011, 04:02 AM
Thanks a lot for your help Gwyn i will right away visit this web site for the soft if what so ever i will need help when finish building my cnc and installing the soft can i give you a call on the forum.
regards
marc

Westozy
11-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks a lot for your help Gwyn i will right away visit this web site for the soft if what so ever i will need help when finish building my cnc and installing the soft can i give you a call on the forum.
regards
marc
Any time Marc, I moderate this forum to help other builders!

Cheers Gwyn
Aerosim Solutions

john van berkel
11-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Hello gwyn,

I am wondering... do i need to convert the files? to use them in mach3 after drawing in Vcarvepro 6

regards john

riche543
11-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi john
Vcarve will convert the things you design into a Gcode which is what mach3 reads.
Sorry for jumping in there gwyn just saw this figued it was an easy one for me too answer,
Cheers
Riche.

john van berkel
12-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Hi riche,

found it and works tx.
I have one question if I made a design in Vcarvpro and save it for mach3 it seems that the design looks like a stamp in size and the CNC looks like working on the spot. I need a design 12.6 cm width and 8.6 cm height and the cnc makes it as big as a stamp ?
Am I mistaken ?

Solved
I needed to change the processorcode there are differend outputs for Mach3

regards john

shearder
02-20-2013, 03:49 AM
I assume more than a year down the line this has been sorted? ;) hehehe

IF NOT - what i have found - using Aspire and VCarve - when i take an existing file and change the units i.e. from Inches to mm the scale is totally messed and I get what you have experienced. I haven't tried to carve this as you can pick up the discrepancy with the scale along left and top edges.

Hi riche,

found it and works tx.
I have one question if I made a design in Vcarvpro and save it for mach3 it seems that the design looks like a stamp in size and the CNC looks like working on the spot. I need a design 12.6 cm width and 8.6 cm height and the cnc makes it as big as a stamp ?
Am I mistaken ?

Solved
I needed to change the processorcode there are differend outputs for Mach3

regards john