PDA

View Full Version : Multiple USB Expansion Cards

Jerrymc3
10-24-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm almost finished building my B747-400 Overhead panel. I am trying to get my 2nd USB Expansion card to work but I'm having problems. First of all, when I change the device # in Controlador.ini from 2048 to Device 112 for my 1st expansion card, or Device 145 for my 2nd expansion card, Controlador doesn't find my card ("USB Device not found"). If I unplug the 2nd card (Overhead Panel) and leave the Device setting at 2048 the 1st card (MCP/Pedestal) works fine. If I plug in only the 2nd card controlador shows "IOCardUSB running" but none of the inputs will work. And I do have 5v going to each master card and changed the entry in sioc.ini-[Masters] appropriately, ex. MASTER=0,4,1,145 or if I have both cards plugged in: controlador.ini MUSB=yes, deviceUSB=145. Am I doing something wrong or could it be a problem with the card itself?

Jerry

pdpo
10-25-2011, 05:01 AM
as I remember it good controlador only supports one usb expansion card.
to check you need to connect one by one and then bring them together with SIOC

greetz Peter

Jerrymc3
10-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Peter

I tried plugging in only the 2nd USB Expansion card but controlador doesn't display any inputs on my 2nd USB Expansion card w/one Master Card even though it says IOCardUSB running.

Jerry

jonesthesoftware
10-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Yes Peter is right "controlador" only supports 1 USB card at a atime. POwer off, swap USB cards then power on and run controllador. Make sure that if you have only 1 master card connected to the USB card it is connected to J1, if you have 2 then J1,J2 and so on.
regards
geoff

kiek
10-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Update to SIOC v4.0. It has a new program called SIOC Monitor, replacing controlador, that can handle multiple USB expansion cards (actually all types of cards).
regards,
Nico