PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new fella with hopes to build a aircraft specific Grumman Goose MIP

Redlance88
08-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Hello all, I have been lurking for a week or so and have just started on my Grumman goose project, The end goal is a fully working Grumman Goose MIP as well as over head mounted throttle, mix, and pitch levers as well as some over head gauges. I need all the help I can get in terms of advice for how to make this project a reality.
right now I have a 3 screen set up for visuals, but would like to know the best way to go about setting up 2 or 3 more for virtual gauges. I have a desktop aviator board for most of my toggle switches up and working , and I have a board on the way for rotary encoders and pots on the way, I have FSUPIC as well as widefs I have tested out some free gauges with widefs and gotten them working but so far am not satisfied with the data update rate, ( looking for tips on improving performance with that). this will be a first time build and money is a much bigger factor than time. I have moderate electronics and programing experience, and strong art skills, I can weld and have a small wood shop in the basement, so most things will be home fabricated. there will be some need to use other aircraft but mostly I want things to work and look like a grumman goose layout. pleased to be here and hope to hear from folks soon. thanks and wish me luck.

AK Mongo
08-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Welcome and good luck!

Reid