PDA

View Full Version : How does the FS2P "keysend" variable work?

Tom_G_2010
08-15-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm trying to trigger some events in FSX for which I can not find working offsets. Electrical failure for example.

If I assign a keyboard input in either FSX or FSUIPC to a given event (like electrical failure) can I use the FS2P "keysend" variable to trigger that?

For example, I chose "J" to trigger an electrical failure so if I hit "J" on my keyboard my aircraft suffers an electrical failure. Can I now get FS2P to send the "J" to FSX and cause the same event to occur?

CocnutAir
08-16-2011, 10:00 PM
You could assign a keystroke to an FSUIPC offset in FS2Phidget4, but you might want to look at the Key tab on the FSUIPC Settings and Options.
On older versions of MS-Flight Simulator the FSUIPC Settings and Options were loacted on the menu bar - Modules -> FSUIPC , not sure if same as FSX.

Tom_G_2010
08-17-2011, 01:02 AM
You could assign a keystroke to an FSUIPC offset in FS2Phidget4, but you might want to look at the Key tab on the FSUIPC Settings and Options.
On older versions of MS-Flight Simulator the FSUIPC Settings and Options were loacted on the menu bar - Modules -> FSUIPC , not sure if same as FSX.

I don't know that I'm following you. I'm running FS2P 5 and have set up a series of variables that sense the voltage and amperage from FSX and trigger a valve. All seem to be working when tested with an LED as the output device. Instead of that LED though I want to deliver a keystroke back to FSX from FS2P. I guess via FSUIPC if that's the way to do it.

Can this be done?

CocnutAir
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Tom,
I am not sure I got the Keysend offset working in fs2ph5. My development computer died and I picked up virus on my new machine. Have not looked at fs2ph5 in a while. fs2ph4 does have this functionality. Have you done a lot of work in 5?
Regards,
Alan

Tom_G_2010
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Tom,
I am not sure I got the Keysend offset working in fs2ph5. My development computer died and I picked up virus on my new machine. Have not looked at fs2ph5 in a while. fs2ph4 does have this functionality. Have you done a lot of work in 5?
Regards,
Alan

I do have a fair amount of work done in 5. I take it the xml file isn't backwards compatible?

Can I have 4 and 5 loaded concurrently?

CocnutAir
08-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Version 4 uses ini files, version 5 uses xml.
Have never run the two concurrently. Cannot think of a reason why one couldn't. Cannot say what the performance impact would be.