PDA

View Full Version : Alan HELP!!! I can't get past a Resource File Error.

Tom_G_2010
07-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Alan,

I am at a loss to trouble shoot this. I have FS2P running on my desktop and laptop PC. It works great on the laptop but crahes under a specific condition on the desktop.

It did work initially on the desktop but at some point while trying to build my annunciator panel something went very wrong. If I add the FS Out Component Main_Bus_Voltage I get the following error.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5388&d=1310357056

When I click ok FS2P shuts down.

I uninstalled and reinstalled FS2P but that did not solve the issue. I took all the files from my laptop (which is working correctly) and copied them over those on the desktop. No Luck . . .

Any idea what "Resource File" it is looking for? Based on what I've done so far I am assuming it's not an FS2P file, or at least not one in the program folder.

HELP!!!!

PS: I really like FS2P so far and am coming up with some great stuff for my SIM. THANKS!!! For building a great app!

CocnutAir
07-15-2011, 12:12 AM
When you installed. Did you executed setup, did you "run as administrator" ?

CocnutAir
07-15-2011, 12:12 AM
I am assuming this is Win7.

CocnutAir
07-15-2011, 12:13 AM
What operating systems? What version of Fs2ph?

Tom_G_2010
07-15-2011, 08:30 AM
I am running Win 7 64 bit on an Intel Core I5 on both the laptop and desktop. The desktop pc has multple login accounts but mine is the admin account. The laptop has only a single login account so it is the default admin account.

FS2P is Version 5.0.21

I did not specificly select run as Admin when installing PS2P on either pc. If you think that will make a difference I can uninstall and reinstall on the desktop pc to see what happens.

CocnutAir
07-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Win7 makes a distinction between admin account and running as admin. There are rwo types of admins apparently. Did some basic research on Microsoft.com. I am assuming you are running fs2ph5. Do you have .NET framework 1.1 installed on both machines?

Tom_G_2010
07-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, running .NET 1.1 ans FS2P 5.0.21.

I just did an uninstall and a re-install. When re-installing I used run as admin. It did make a difference, but did not solve the problem. Instead of getting the resource error right away if a config has the FS Out Main Bus Voltage component, FS2P simply hour glasses for an extended period of time and does not function.

I wonder what resource it's looking for???

AK Mongo
07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Tom,

Have you tried redownloading fs2p5? Maybe you got an incomplete file somehow?

CocnutAir
07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
I would need to look at your circuit.
Send that to me at alan@coconutair.com
You will also need to give me quick steps to replicate problem using your circuit.

Tom_G_2010
07-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I would need to look at your circuit.
Send that to me at alan@coconutair.com
You will also need to give me quick steps to replicate problem using your circuit.

Alan, thanks! I'll send what I have to you early this week, I'm just logging off now to head for the airport and will be traveling for several days.

Tom_G_2010
07-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Alan,

I finally found the problem! There was some corruption in the FSVariables file. At one point my desktop pc had locked up while trying to save a change I made in FSVariables4316. When it happened I checked and all looked ok, but apparently something related to Main Bus Volt was trashed.

When I removed and reentered the variable for Main Bus Voltage or if I replace the file with the original from the install the problem goes away.

In the process of doing all this I found that I'm much safer doing variables edits on a PC running XP or directly in an XML editor. Either way seems to be more stable than the FS2P editor running in Win 7 64 bit.

CocnutAir
07-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Cool. Problem resolved.