PDA

View Full Version : greetings from sydney,aus

barramundi
07-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi all

I'm totally convinced I need to build a home build my sim based on the Diamond DA42 Twinstar. So just wanna let you all know.

Currently I am in the researching phase, Basically I feel I need to learn so much before I start my build (I have no knowledge in electronic nor programming-i mean that literally), However I can be quite good at conceiving ideas and using my hands to build something decent and pro looking!

So I could use with lots of gaudiness actually!

So my idea is this, hope you can point me in the right direction-

As I said I want to build a replica cockpit of the da42- NOT THE G1000 system (I know simkits sell them-or i might settle for touch screen option depending on how quick i want to be flying this thing)

2nd- I want to be able to create all the switches like i.e lights, Pitot, magneto, flaps, landing gear etc. ( I believe I can source the switches, but I want to learn how I can make fsx read them etc)

3rd- Whats the best material to use to make the cockpit?

4th Can I also get ideas of how I could have the lighting as accurate as possible.

5th I saw on here a guy build a circuit breaker buttons however he had sim functions attached to them i.e pause, which i believe is pretty cool.

That's all for now

cheers ;-)

mndless
07-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Welcome Bara.... Sounds like a nice project... Poke around in here, you will find answers to most of your questions... Looking forward to seeing your progress