PDA

View Full Version : FS2Phidget won't recognize .NET 4 ???

Tom_G_2010
06-28-2011, 05:15 PM
I am in the process of making a decision on what I/O cards to use for my pit build. The list has narrowed and Phidgets cards are fast rising to the top.

I decided I wanted to look at the FS2Phidget App as part of my evaluation. However, when I try to load it I keep getting the warning that says I need to be running the .NET framework and it stops the install.

I'm running Win 7 64bit on an I5 processor and have .NET 4 loaded. I ran a reload of .NET 4 to be sure it was installed properly. Does FS2Phidget need to see an older release of .NET framework?

AK Mongo
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
I am in the process of making a decision on what I/O cards to use for my pit build. The list has narrowed and Phidgets cards are fast rising to the top.

I decided I wanted to look at the FS2Phidget App as part of my evaluation. However, when I try to load it I keep getting the warning that says I need to be running the .NET framework and it stops the install.

I'm running Win 7 64bit on an I5 processor and have .NET 4 loaded. I ran a reload of .NET 4 to be sure it was installed properly. Does FS2Phidget need to see an older release of .NET framework?

Not sure, but I can share my warning panel file I created in FS2Ph if you need an example of how it works when you get it running.

Reid

Tom_G_2010
06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
That would be much appreciated!!! Nothing is better than a live tested working example.

I may have found the answer to the .NET 4 issue. I think FS2P needs .NET 1.1 specifically. And I found that .NET framework releases can run side by side. Each newer version isn't necessarily a replacement of the prior version like other apps.

So I'm downloading 1.1 now, BIG file so it may take a bit.

Thanks for the offer of the example setup!

AK Mongo
06-28-2011, 07:02 PM
No Problem!

Just PM me your email address, and I will send it on.

Reid

Tom_G_2010
06-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Installed .NET 1.1. I received a Win 7 compatibility warning about 1.1 but proceeded anyway. FS2P now loads and runs. As soon as next months pay check comes in I think I'll be buying a board and some LEDs to start experimenting.

AK Mongo
06-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Make sure you get the connectors for wiring the board. They use little plugs to interface. If I were to do it again, I may have gotten the pre built wire leads with connectors attached. I got my card from ebay and it was missing the connectors and it involved a lot of soldering and fiddling to make it work right.

Reid

CocnutAir
06-30-2011, 01:10 AM
To avoid compatibility warning run as administrator.
Right-click on desktop shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

I am making some changes to Fs2Ph4.
Feedback I am getting for users indicates this is preferred version.

Releasing version beta next week after July 4th.
Quick update on changes to date.

Fs Variables:
No separate FsVariable Editor.

FsVariable Editor button on FS2Phidget screen.

Function FsVariables - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division operations.

Logic Variables - all logical operators supported.
Logic Variables - Use constants in logical expressions.

Text FsVariable type - used for offsets containing text e.g. VOR names.

Improved editing of Discrete FsVariables.

User-Defined "internal" FsVariables - these are FSVariables that do not have an FSUIPC offset.

"Circuits" are being replaced by "Variable Groups, another type of FsVariable.

Push-to-Test, Push-To-Reset, Push-To-Recall implemented as FsVariables.

New Phidgets:
Support for Analog Ouput.

Configuration:
Analog Input configuration is now a wizard.
LED64 Brightness determined by FsVariable.

Hardware Tests:
Test Leds and LCDs without enabling components.
Single test for Digital Outputs is redundant - discontinued.

Regards,
Alan

Tom_G_2010
06-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Alan,

Thanks for the detailed response and your support. I'll be watching for the new release.

Mickey_Techy
04-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Installed .NET 1.1. I received a Win 7 compatibility warning about 1.1 but proceeded anyway.....

Following your experience, I decided to ignore the compatibility warning and proceed with the install anyway, but it doesn't work for me. The install proceeds for a little bit, and then unwinds.

Without having 1.1 installed I can't install FS2Ph. Kinda stuck now.

Can anyone advice please.