PDA

View Full Version : My introduction..

1488Giorgio
06-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Good day to all,

My name is George and I live in Italy, town of Genova, in the country town really.
In my hope I wish to build an Home Cockpit, but I am still undecided between x-plane and FSX ... I'll see.

Many thanks in advance for your help and your friendship.

all the best...:)

Giorgio

p.s. sorry for my little english .... :D

Ronson2k9
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
That's ok it's an international site. Welcome on board..

No Longer Active
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi, welcome to MC.

Great to have you here, both fsx and xplane are great FS OS's.....especially with xpuipc......

Speak soon,

Alex J

1488Giorgio
07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks to all for your wellcome.

I'll speak soon ... meantime I am studying any possible solution.

Many thks/brgds to all

Giorgio

Aaron
07-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Welcome bro!

building a cockpit its a very hard and expensive hobby, so try with the easy way!

You have some cockpit vendors in your country, like flightsimulatorcenter, website also available in italian! (I have the TQ from there)

1488Giorgio
07-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Aaron thanks, you are completely right, it's a very exepensive job.

I don't like to build my cockpit just awaiting several parcel from currier. It's possible to spend thousand of euro in pre-builded panels, it's just plug and play but I can't beleave this is building but just install .... and play a game (as you can see in many advertising cockpit builder site).

Using x-plane I am obliged to go deep inside the logic, software and hardaware, of the whole system.
It's a long way, I know, but very interesting. Its possible to use xpuipc & SIOC at any level, just for example, or arduino or any other digital system logic, controller, and C++ of course.
This is my personal opinion .....

All the best. :D

Giorgio

Geremy Britton
08-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi Welcome to the madness of simbuilding :)

The dilemma with X-Plane and FSX is a difficult one, MFS has been on the scene many years, and the increase in realism has seen X-Plane being possible in simulators. It seems however if you're looking for a good decent Flight sim program try X-Plane, microsoft on the otherhand are continually developing for the best. FSX being that best software at the moment over FS2004, however the imminent release of Microsoft flight increases realism further.

Hope that helps, once again - welcome!

jmig
08-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Welcome Giorgio, After about ten years of cockpit building, I have run full circle. I started with a couple of plug and play GO-Flight modules and a simple wooden frame work. I then embarked on my eight year journey to build my T-38 cockpit, using SIOC and homemade panels and controls. However, sim flying is all about realism.

As some one who has flown in the military, I know how the controls should feel. I built and rebuilt, looking for the elusive "perfect" feel. I am close now but still not perfect. However, I built to fly and flying is what it is all about. I have a mixture of drop in components and custom built parts that together give me most of what I want. Yesterday, I flew from Fairchild, AFB in eastern Washington State to Calgary CA. I flew in FSX with FTX scenery and all the other scenery add-ons to improve the illusion of flying.

Know what, it was pretty real. :)

Enjoy the journey and the destination will be even better.