PDA

View Full Version : Opencockpits FMC

Scotty
06-24-2011, 04:52 AM
Hello,

I have been doing a lot of reading in regards to FMC's. I can not afford the F/engravity so am considering the O/cockpits or Vrinsight.
I currently have a Saitek yoke and T/Q, Go Flight MCP, Saitek Radio panel and CH rudder pedals, running on a TH2GO across 3x 19" monitors and a 32" LCD Tv.

All hardware hooked up through USB connections, I dont have much knowledge when it comes to electrical components etc which is why the O/cockpits FMC is now scaring me. I thought from reading the site it was just USB and Tv out was all required.

Id also like to get it backlit aswell but that sounds like it might be outta my league.

From O/C website:

In order to function requires the necessary software that simulates the functions of flight, this software is not included and can be used anyone what can show all information on one screen and work with FSUIPC, IOCP or keyboard commands.

Would it really be that hard to set up an O/C FMC as I havent been liking what im reading about VRI?
Where does this software come from?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Scotty

Scotty
06-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Hello again,

I have also found the Flight Deck Solutions FMC which is priced in between the F/Engravity and the Opencockpits.
Does anyone use and can recommend this FMC and does it work with Level D 767?

Thanks in advance
Scotty

bussgarfield
06-24-2011, 08:25 AM
I have the OC FMC.

It is not up and running properly yet as I only have the default 737 to playwith at the moment. I am waiting for the PMDG NGX to be released and I can really go to town but in the mean time, I have the Ifly 737 for FSX which I will anticipate having a go with in the coming days.

As for the FMC, the software that OC talk about is downloadable from the same page as the FMC along with the manual. The software (SIOC) will give you various options so you can choose which aircraft or system you want to run the FMC with.
There are 3 connections - USB, 5v external power and a RCA video connection. I have got as far as getting the screen up and running without any problems but I am unable to use it at present with the default 737.
I have considered back lighting it but I would like to get it up and running first but there looks as though there is enough space to accomplish this.

Be aware though, that the unit is not encased so it will need to be mounted into the MIP at some stage to stop the ingress of dust. The unit is full size and looks the part - o'h yes, the screen is colour and not just black and white.

Then all I am going to have to do is learn how to use the darn thing !!!

Hope this may be of some use to you Scotty.

Gary

twisted8
06-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I think the opencockpits FMC is great for the price. I use with level-d 767 with lekseecon and it works perfectly. Very happy with it.
http://www.lekseecon.nl/lekseecon.html