PDA

View Full Version : A bittersweet moment

fsaviator
06-19-2011, 02:48 AM
I have to share this bittersweet moment with my "other" family... tonight after 21 years of being a "Green Beret" I officially gave up my status as an "operator" and accepted the fact that I am now a "staff" guy and that my lot in life is to support the Green Beret's that follow me... I was presented with a "Kimber .45" pistol in this huge presentation case with a plaque that read "Presented to the Sergeant Major of Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)... June 2009 - June 2011... Listen up men, here's the bottom line..." While I love what it all stands for... It's like a a kick in the nuts...

fsaviator
06-19-2011, 02:52 AM
... but I love the guys that this represents... and I love the guys that made this possible... De Oppresso Liber.

AK Mongo
06-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Warren,

Heartfelt thanks to you for your service to our country. I imagine there have been many professional warriors throughout History that have been reluctant to make the same transition. 21 years is a **** of a long time to have delayed it. If you find yourself in Juneau, you won't have to buy a drink.

Reid

Reid

Matt Olieman
06-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Warren, A BIG "CONGRATULATIONS" and THANKS for your service. :) :) :) I hope one day to meet, shake your hand and thank you in person!!!

Matt Olieman

fsaviator
06-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Thanks everyone! It is hard coming to the realization that you won't be doing what you've been doing for that long, anymore. I still have a few good years left in me though before I hang it up for good, even if they are spent behind a desk.

The one good thing is that it will allow me to spend a little more time at home with the kids (and grandkids). I'm hoping to lure them into flying with a certain simulator...

Warren