PDA

View Full Version : Altimeter pressure setting knob-any way of getting it to work?

wojteku
06-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I'm building a generic pit based on c172 and Grumman AA5 (which I have a pleasure to learn to fly in real life :) )
It's just about flyable now but still work in progress. The thing that's bothering me right now is interfacing a rotary encoder via Leo's card to adjust the pressure on the altimeter to be able to set correc QFE's and QNH's.
Has anyone find a way to do that? Maybe I'm just thick and I can't find a keyboard shortcut for that but I've searched everything and still no results.
Thanks for any suggestions!

skywatch
06-12-2011, 05:16 PM
In FSUIPC you need to select the following for the up and down of the altimeter setting....

Kohlsman inc
Kohlsman dec

Good luck! ;-)

Skywatch

kiek
06-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Indeed, here is the Kohlsman example using SIOC (http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html#QNH), but it should be possible with other interface systems as well.

Nico

wojteku
06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks a lot guys! I'd never have found that without you! Now the altimeter is working as it should! A bit slow on the encoder but it will do for now!
Thanks again!

Peter Dowson
06-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks a lot guys! I'd never have found that without you! Now the altimeter is working as it should! A bit slow on the encoder but it will do for now!
With many encoders you get one click for the contact being made (=button pressed) and another for contact broken (=button released), so to get an increment/decrement on every click you need to assign the same control to "press" and "release".

BTW "kohlsman" is a mis-spelling (by Microsoft) of the German name "Kollsman" which was the firm who made the first altimeters with the so-called "Kollsman window" showing and allowing adjustment of the pressure setting.

Pete

skywatch
06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Glad it's now working......onto the next problem I expect! ;-)

Skywatch

AK Mongo
06-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks again!

Look at this thread: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/68260-rotary-encoder-input-speed/. In it Pete is solving the Bodnar/Slow Rotary problem using FSUIPC and a LUA program